Juviderm XC or Juviderm Voluma? or is it the same? Same price also?

One Dr. recommended Volumna in my cheeks to pull everything up for a more natural look instead of spot fillers? Heres a photo? Heres a recent photo, I just returned from 3 years in Africa as a missionary and the climate KILLED my face, and I want it back or at least I dont want to wear Africa!!!

Which filler?

It is reasonable for you to have HA fillers injected, like Voluma, although you should realize that Voluma is approved for the high cheek area only, and you could benefit by some facial recontouring to the peripheral face and temples more than the cheeks.

Voluma and Sculptra are both wonderful filler products, but when a patient would benefit from a more diffuse volume enhancement, especially in the temples and peripheral face, sculptra can give a more natural-looking result.

Voluma vs Juvederm

Voluma is used in the cheeks for added volume and lift and can last up to 2 years. Juvederm can be used for various other areas of the face (some areas are considered off-label, but still commonly injected into those areas by many). Normally, at least 2 syringes of Voluma are required to make a difference at the cheeks and the cost is significantly more than Juvederm. Juvederm can be injected into lips, nasolabial folds, and marionette lines and usually require 1 syringe per area. Juvederm can last anywhere from 6-12 months. You should definitely see a few providers for consultations as to what is best for your concerns and goals.

Voluma vs. Ultra

You appear to be an excellent candidate for voluma which has received FDA approval for the cheeks. It will help with the loss of volume that you seem to have experienced. Voluma is slightly more expensive than Juvederm Ultra. Our voluma price is $750 for the first syringe as compared to $550 for the first syringe of Juvederm Ultra. You do need to have sufficient filler to achieve the results that you desire. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert physician injectors to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Voluma is different than Juvederm XC

Treatment locations, FDA approval, and placement of these fillers are completely different.
And this may vary by practitioner, I would suggest discussing with a Board Certified Dermatologist with expertise in Voluma.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Difference between Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma

Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma are similar products that contain hyaluronic acid which is a gel like substance used to provide volume.  Hyaluronic acid is safe for injection into the face and can even be reversed with a medication called hyaluronidase.  

Juvederm Voluma is a newer product that is a thicker gel and, thus, provides better lift to the cheek area.  Juvederm Voluma lasts up to 2 years when injected deep into the cheek, while Juvederm lasts 6 - 12 months and is usually used around the mouth.  Juvederm Voluma is more expensive than Juvederm.  Hope this helps.

Consult with an experienced board certified surgeon for a personalized treatment plan.

Trey Aquadro, M.D.

Juvederm XC v Juvederm Voluma

Juvederm Voluma is a much thicker product and is excellent for adding volume to the cheeks along the zygomatic arch (cheekbone).  This in turn can give the lower face a subtle lift as well.  It is more expensive than Juvederm XC but lasts longer.  Looking at your photos, you could probably use the Voluma in the upper/mid face and the Juvederm XC in the lower face (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). 
Sounds like your MD gave you a good recommendation with the Voluma!
Best of luck.

Juvederm Voluma XC vs Juvederm XC

Juvederm Voluma XC is different than Juvederm XC. It is a much thicker hyaluronic acid filler and is used in entirely different locations on the face. What they say is that Voluma is in the "Juvederm family of products" but no, it is NOT Juvederm XC and therefore carries a higher price tag as well. If you want to volumize your central face, then Voluma is a wonderful option.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Voluma for the Cheeks

Voluma tends to be a good product to inject into the cheeks.  Voluma is thicker in consistency than Juvederm XC giving more correction in that particular area per syringe.  Voluma does have a higher price point than Juvederm, but also is shown to last about a year longer than Juvederm. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon