Any Recommended Facial Plastic Surgeon in Central Florida?
- Asked by jlosc in Florida
- 4 years ago
Filler choices for various types of wrinkles
Your choices in wrinkle fillers are substantial. Each product has its own properties and a "wrinkle profile" that it applies to. Most can be layered one on the other if folds are deep.
Quick list for choices. Note many are * "off label" -- see what this means below:
- Lips - Juvederm, Restylane, Prevelle
- Lip border and lines - Juvederm, Prevelle, Cosmoderm, Restylane
- Nasolabial folds (this is the area all the fillers have FDA indication) - Evolence collagen, Restylane, Radiesse, Perlane, Artefill, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Cosmoplast
- Forehead and frowns - Botox or Dysport for the wrinkles and frown lines caused by muscle contraction + Prevelle or Juvederm
- Crows feet - Botox, Juvederm, Prevelle
- Marionette lines (smile lines) - Juvederm, Restylane, Evolence
- Sculptra is a collagen stimulator used for facial volume replacement, but will certainly have a positive effect on wrinkles as part of the effects.
New fillers are always in the pipeline. We’re looking forward to Evolence Breeze which will hopefully provide some longer term solution to vertical lines around the lips
Different fillers have different longevity. Temporary filler life ranges from around 3 months (Cosmoderm and Prevelle) 6 to 9 months (Juvederm and Restylane) to 9 to 12 months (Radiesse) to "permanent"(Artefill by way of non-biodegradable microspheres). Sculptra should, after a series of treatments give you some nice results for 2 to 5 years by way of your own collagen production)
* Off label - Dermal fillers all go through the FDA processes with usually one indication for which they determine effectiveness and safety. This is why you will see "FDA approved for nasolabial folds" on much of the content on websites and in printed material. Once the FDA has approved a product, any physician can choose to use the product "off label" in other areas. This is perfectly legal and reasonable as waiting for the FDA to approve ALL areas would mean we'd likely not have any fillers at all here. It takes years for the studies and investigations to be completed.
Re: Florida surgeon recommendation - Can't directly recommend a Florida surgeon, but make sure there's all the required board certfications and memberships relative to the practice specialty you desire. Not all plastic surgeons are great at everything, so focus on finding the best one for the issues at hand.
Facial Plastic Surgery Photos
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.