Recommended Correction(s) for my Tuberous Breasts? (photo)

Do I have a severe form of tuberous breasts? What would a good surgeon recommend I do to correct them and accomplish full, round A cup breasts? Can it be done under local anesthesia?

Correction of tuberous breasts

+1

You have what would be considered to be a mild form of tuberous breast. There is constriction of the lower portion of both breasts but more noticeable on the right. There is some asymmetry between the two breasts. I have had the best success in treating this type of breast shape with a new form stable shaped silicone gel breast implant. This will add more volume in the lower part of the breast(where it is missing) and taper naturally in the upper part of the breast. It could be inserted either through an incision in the lower part of the areola or in the crease under the breast.

Breasts

+1

I do not think you have tuberous breast at all. You have a very tight skin envelope and nulliparous breast and will benefit from breast augmentation

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Anesthesia and breast augmentation

+1

Your right breast is certainly more hypoplastic than the left but I do  not see significnat tuberous issues.  As for anesthesia, I think you would be more comfortable with sedation at the minimum.

Anesthesia for breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation anesthesia choice should be left to your surgeon.  Almost anything can be done under local or general anesthesia.  General anesthesia is often the most comfortable for most procedures.

Secondly, you do not have a tuberous deformity.  You do have mild asymmetry.  Asymmetry will persist after surgery.  You need augmentation with an implant size that you and your surgeon decide meets with your desire. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast augmentation for small breasts

+1

Based on your photo, I'm not convinced you actually have tuberous breasts.  A side view would give more information.  You may have some mild constriction of the base, but your areolas appear normal to me.  I think silicone breast implants would give you a lovely result.  While this could be performed under local anesthesia, I would recommend general anesthesia.  With general anesthesia you have excellent pain control and muscle relaxation - both of these help your surgeon place the implants in great position.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Based on this single view photograph, it appears that you may have a mild form of constriction of the base of your breast. It does not appear that you have excessive enlargement of the nipple areola complex (a hallmark of tuberous breasts). Since you do not wish to go to a very large size, it is possible a simple augmentation might work for you.  HOWEVER, I am making all these comments based on the front view photo.  A side view would be essential to make a better determination of whether you do have tuberous breasts and to what degree.  Local anesthesia is possible, but not my recommendation.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Shape Changes For Tuberous Breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and your photograph.  Tuberous breasts tend to have a constricting band at the base, a high fold at the bottom of the breasts, a somewhat large areola, and herniation of areolar tissue through a constricting ring at the edge of the areola.  Your breasts really do not fit that description. You can have a lovely shape change with a breast implant alone, or a breast lift without an implant.  The label of "tuberous" is not helpful in your setting.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Recommended Correction(s) for my Tuberous Breasts?

+1

I don't think you have tuberous breasts but you have small breasts.  I would use silicone implants for fill and I think you would get a great result.  Breast augmentation can be done under local anesthesia with IV sedation.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Another option for tuberous or constricted breasts

+1

I think the other comments on this post are excellent, so I won't repeat what's already been said.  However, consider shaped silicone implants, as these can help with constricted or tuberous breasts, and breasts with limited fullness below the nipple.  

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

What a good surgeon would do

+1

What a good surgoen would do is reasure you that your breast is a natural A cup and not tuberous. Fuller and rounder can be accomplished with an implant (breast augmentation) using sedation though not local anesthesia and a saline or gel breast implant.