What is the Recommended Age for People Who Want a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Is an 18 year old woman too young for a Brazilian butt lift? Why would some doctors recommend waiting? Would recovery time be an advantage for younger patients? What other factors might be more of a risk?

Legal age for a brazilian butt lift

+1

You have to be over the legal adult age to have the Brazilian butt lift. In other words, if you are 18 years of age or older and in good health, you could be a good candidate for surgery. There are other important factors that determine the success of this procedure, including your weight. For the Brazilian butt lift, fat is transferred from different areas of your body including your back, flanks, abdomen, and thighs among others and injected into the buttock to reshape and increase its size. If you do not have enough fat, you need to gain weight or the procedure cannot be done.

Buttock Augmentation - Age Considerations

+1

A sufficiently mature 18 year old could certainly be a candidate for cosmetic surgery. As a surgeon I look for the level of concern the patient has about her appearance and the degree of improvement I think I could offer her ( the amount of 'real deformity'). If a patient is reasonable in her expectations and has something I feel confident I can improve then usually there will be a satisfactory outcome provided there are no complications. Younger patients typically heal faster if they are in good health. Although maturity doesn't always correlate to chronological age, younger patients may occasionally not think things through as much and may not follow post operative instructions as well. However, most young patients I see are remarkably mature and have thought about their concern for some time and prove to be wonderful patients. A competent and concerned Plastic Surgeon can help you to understand if your concerns can be addressed by surgery and if you can reasonably expect the results you're looking for. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Brazilian buttock lift can be done in adults over age 18

+1

You need to have enough extra fatty tissue in order to be a good candidate for a fat transfer to the buttock (brazilian buttock lift). For most elective cosmetic surgery procedures, patients need to be over the age of 18. Younger patients generally speaking recover faster than older patients. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation and exam.

William Bruno, MD

Brazilan Butt Lift

+1

Elective cosmetic surgery is done on patients that are 18 years or more. Very few circumstances cosmetic surgery is done on patients below the age of 18 years, with their parents consent.

For surgery o any organ of the body, that organ need to have completed full growth and development.

Healthy patients are the ideal candidates for cosmetic surgery including Brazilian Butt Lift., with no associated diseasesor medical condition, and are at their ideal body weight. These criteria decreases the risk of the surgery.  Age and youth play a factor in healing and risks.