Recommended Age to Get CO2 or Erbium Laser?

Is there an age limit to when you can get CO2 Laser/Erbium laser done?Pretty young at 24 but with years of sun(without sunscreen) starting to show some signs of aging. Thinking might as well get it done now unless there's any drawbacks for my age.

No age limit for CO2 or Erbium Laser, but experience is critical

+2

I agree with Dr. Ting. I have treated several young individuals for acne scarring or other skin conditions. I agree that is important to find a provider that will give you the best possible care and is fully knowledgable in all aspects of the treatment that he or she is providing including the risks involved and possible unwanted outcomes as well as how to deal with any of these outcomes.

As for the you, there may be many other less invasive procedures that can be done to help improve your sun damage and signs of aging. I would recommend that you see someone who can offer you a full array of options.

I hope that helps!

Austin Dermatologist

Experience critical for Fractional CO2 Laser resurfacing in younger patients

+2

In our center, we have used fractional co2 laser to treat many 'young' patients, starting at age 16 with parental consent, mostly for acne scarring but often times for concurrent photoaging due to prior excess sun exposure. Ideally, you should seek out a board-certified dermatologist who has performed at least 100 cases of your skin type. During your initial consultation, if no discussion of possible risks or steps to minimize complications, you should run away and seek a second opinion.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon