Recommended Age to Get Butt Augmentation?

What is the advisable age to have Butt augmentation via Fat injections?

Age for buttock augmentation

+1

I would not recommend any elective cosmetic procedure (including a buttock augmentation) until the age of 18 years old.  The only exception would be a rhinoplasty at age 16. These are guidelines set forth by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to undergoing any elective cosmetic procedure, especially if you are fairly young.

Dr. Bruno

The best age for butt augmentation

+1

A Brazilian Butt lift is a procedure that combines thorough liposuction to the trunk, abdomen, hips, waist, and lower back with the grafting of this fat to the butt to improve the contour and increase the size. The most important aspect of the surgery is the careful planning that you and your plastic surgeon will perform before hand. During your consultation, be sure to let your plastic surgeon know what your goals are and specifically what contour shape and size you like your buttock to be.

Your plastic surgeon should be able to tell you what results he anticipates and more importantly if you have enough tissue to accomplish your goals.

Keep in mind that this is still a significant surgery. The surgery should only be performed on adults who understand the benefits risks and level of commitment that the patient will need to make in order to ensure successful result. If you have questions it is best to schedule appointment and review what your plastic surgeon what your goals are. Your plastic surgeon may recommend weight loss or exercise that will put you in the best condition possible before you receive your surgery.

Best-

Pat Pazmino

Pat Pazmino, MD

Buttock Augmentation Ideal Age

+1

Hi there-

While I do not believe that an ideal age exists, I do agree with the majority of my colleagues that cosmetic surgery should not be undertaken in minors unless significant extenuating social circumstances exist.

If you are over 18, it is reasonable to pursue a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your goals; these procedures are associated with a very high rate of satisfaction.

Good luck!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS