Do You Have Any Recommendations when Picking a Plastic Surgeon and Do U Think Restylane Would Fix the Problem? (photo)

I am 25 years old and have struggled with dark under eye circles for most of my life. Until recently I have been able to cover them up adequately using makeup. I have also started to develop some hollowing under the eyes. I have been considering Restylane! Do u have any recommendations when it comes to choosing a plastic surgeon and do u think Restylane would fix the problem

Do You Have Any Recommendations when Picking a Plastic Surgeon and Do U Think Restylane Would Fix the Problem?

+1

You can certainly benefit from injecting Restylane to the tear troughs, this filler is smoother to be used for thin skin around the eyes, this will also help lighten the dark area IF the hollowness is creating a shadow. Seek a reputable injector with much experience to ensure the result you wish to achieve. 

Restylane (fillers) to treat lower lid dark circles

+1

Restylane is a type of a hyaluronic acid filler and can certainly be an option to address the lower lid dark "circles" and hollows that you have.  I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon or dermatologist that is an expert in filler injections around the eyelids.  Ask to look at their before and after photos as well! Good luck.

Christopher I. Zoumalan, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Do You Have Any Recommendations when Picking a Plastic Surgeon and Do U Think Restylane Would Fix the Problem

+1
Restylane is an option for the problem you are having. The skin in that area is very thin however and great care has to be taken to inject that area properly. I have seen many patients seek my advice after having filler placed in that area improperly. In my practice, I prefer belotero for that area as it has a lower risk of producing some of the unwanted side effects. I should also mention that some patients have discoloration in that area that can be genetic or related to their cultural heritage. If that is the case, you may not get the desired effect from the injections since your skin pigmentation might be the issue. I suggest you seek the advice of an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon who does a lot of filler in that area. Best of luck!

Stephen P. Smith, Jr., MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark Under Eye Circles and Hollows Respond Well To A Combination of Belotero Balance & Radiesse

+1

Dark circles, hollows and tear troughs are common problems of the lower lids. More than a quarter of a century ago, when I first started treating these problems, collagen was the only product available. However, recently, it has become standard practice to treat this region with lighter weight fillers, like Juvederm or Restylane, to lift, straighten, and contour this region. Occasionally, if fillers are inadvertently placed too superficially, a bluish discoloration related to light scattering (a phenomenon known as the Tyndall effect) can occur, which can actually make the dark circles more prominent. Belotero Balance, a relatively new hyaluronic acid product, has been manufactured to avoid this. However, I have found that the addition of a tiny amount of Radiesse, a whitish-colored filler, to Belotero, to be an excellent way of treating tear troughs and hollows and lightening existing dark circles. Cosmetic dermatologists, as well as plastic surgeons, routinely treat these problems. You should seek only an experienced, board certified aesthetic dermatology or plastic surgeon injector to treat this area in this fashion.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Restylane

+1

Restylane will improve the nasoljugal fold by 30%. You need to find an injector with lots of experience.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Restylane for the tear trough

+1

Restylane is a great option for the tear trough, and can yield a fantastic result when injected properly. Look for an experienced physician to perform your treatment, as injecting Restylane in this area can be difficult. A board certified dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon, or plastic surgeon are all great choices. Thank you and good luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Under eye issues and fillers

+1

Dark circles under the eyes will most likely not improve with fillers.  Fillers can improve depressions like in the tear trough region.

Restylane for dark circles

+1

I think that a filler such as Restylane would be very helpful. You should look for a doctor that has experience with this area. Dermatologists do a lot of this so I would not limit your search by looking only for plastic surgeon. Most important is that you choose someone that does this a lot,

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Fillers Would Be A Great Option For Your Dark Circle

+1

Dark circles underneath the eye can be due to several reasons.  When viewing your pictures, the dark circles are due to shadowing in the area underneath the eye.  The shadow can be soften or removed by adding some volume into the area.  The will allow for more light into the area making your eyes appear more awake, vibrant, and healthy.  I like to use restylane using a microcannula technique in this area.  This procedure has a high success rate with little to no downtime.  

This webpage I linked to below is very helpful if you would like more information.  The youtube video below shows the actual procedure!  I attached part 1 of 3.

I hope this helps!

I

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for Under Eye Hollows ("Tear Troughs")

+1

Thank you for the question and the pictures. Restylane would be a great option for you. The hollow area under the eyes is caused by changes in fat distribution -- even in the 20's and 30's.  In addition, the thin skin of the lower eyelids allows some light to "shine through" onto the muscle and blood vessels below.  In my practice, I recommend Restylane or Belotero for this area, as these fillers have a lower incidence of discoloration and also have an appropriate thickness for the delicate under-eye area.

#Restylane #Belotero #San Francisco Plastic Surgery

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon