Any Recommendations for a PS in San Antonio Area for Juvederm & Botox?

Would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for a good & reasonably priced PS in the San Antonio area? I am interested in getting Juvederm & Botox. I was quoted $500 per Juvederm syringe by one office and $500 for 3 locations of Botox. Does anyone know if these are "good" prices?

Juvederm and Botox in San Antonio

If you are looking for a plastic surgeon in the San Antonio region, the best way to find someone is to first start looking for one on the ASPS or ASAPS websites.

Price for Juvederm and Botox

$500 for a full sized (0.8 cc) syringe of Juvederm is a good price. I charge $600 for a full sized syringe of either Juvederm (0.8 cc) or Restylane (1.0 cc). However, I recommend you base your decision more upon the reputation and experience of the physician injector than the price.

With regards to Botox (and Dysport), I think it is more accurate to charge by the "unit" than by the location so the patient knows exactly how much they are getting for their money. I charge $10.00 per unit of Botox.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi TJ.  Thank you for your question.

Options include Radiesse™, Restylane™, Perlane™, Belotero™ and Juvederm™. The choice of filler is individualized to each patient. Your initial examination should be comprehensive, discussing your medical history, examining your face, taking and reviewing your photographs, and determining which filler is right for you.

Fillers vary as to where in the face they can most safely be placed and how long they last. The most popular areas for improvement are the nasolabial folds (line between the nose and lips) as well as the lips themselves. Fillers may be used to enhance the size or change the shape of the lips.

Filler treatments are performed in the office under both topical and local anesthesia for comfort.

Fillers are now available preloaded with local anesthetic. Between the powerful numbing cream, application of ice before treatment, and the presence of anesthetic in the filler itself, both discomfort and bruising are dramatically reduced.

Facial fillers such as Radiesse™, Restylane™, and Juvederm™ as well as muscle relaxants such as Botox™, not only reduce wrinkles, but also lift and contour sagging facial features. This non-surgical approach, known as a “liquid facelift,” can be used to treat the entire face or specific areas, and offers long lasting results with little or no down time.

Hope this is helpful.  Best wishes.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Care in San Antonio

The price is definitely in the normal range, since they vary based on location and competetive shopping.   Don't just look for the best deal, however, since that often is offered by practioners outside of the core disciplines of dermatology, plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery, or oculoplastic surgery.  Such docs offer the best expertise.

As for specific names, I would suggest my friend Minas Chrysopoulo.  Great with patients, excellent reputation, beautiful results! 

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Juvederm and Botox in San Antonio

The prices you were quoted certainly seem reasonable.  I agree with the other surgeons here, you should not base your decision on price alone.  I recommend making sure you see a physician who does the injecting, is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, or Facial Plastic Surgery, and you are comfortable with.

I personally do all of the injections in my office and do not entrust the injecting to anyone else.  There is definitely an art to injecting.  

If you are interested in seeking another opinion, please feel free to call our office for a consultation: 210-499-5900.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon