Breast Surgery Recommendations. What's Best for Me?

What kind of surgery do you recommend?

Breast Augmentation Mastopexy?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I think you will benefit from breast augmentation along with breast lifting.  Before proceeding with the breast augmentation/breast lifting operation it will be very  important to communicate your goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast surgery recommendations and advice: going about it the right way

+1

My first recommendation would be based on your preferences. Do you want to be larger or smaller. That makes a huge difference in my advice. Assuming you want to be bigger. My next advice would be do you want your nipples and areolae smaller vs larger and/or lifted. Again I would have different options depending on your answers and tolerance of the resulting scars. This is not a quick answer. Spend time with a plastic surgeon expressiing your goals and desires and they will advise you best on how to proceed.

Breast recommendations

+1

From the single photo it looks llike you would need a lift. If you want more volume then you will also need an implant.

Breast lift and breast implants

+1

I wish it was that easy. The lack of measurements and photos from other angles make it impossible to give you a specific best option. It is clear from the photo that there is some breast sagging that will have to be addressed by the removal of some breast skin at the same time. If you just put the implant in it will either be too low or your native breast tissue will be too low relative to the implant. The question then arises as to how much skin to remove for lifting and in what pattern. That depends again on the measurements and physical findings as well as how much skin scar you are willing to have. There is no one answer to your question and different patients with the same scenario will choose different available options for varied reasons.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast Surgery Recommendation

+1

Here what I think....and thanks for the photos! Pictures are worth a thousand words.

1) You need volume to re-inflate the breast...breast augmentation...therefore an implant. Saline or Silicone is your and your surgeon's choice....70% of my patients with similar anatomy as yours choose silicone.

2) You need a breast lift, also know as a "Mastopexy"....I use the vertical or lollipop technique.

3) You need to see a Board certified plastic surgeon....here are some suggestions on this : Find at least three in the area that you have heard of from friends or have researched on line. Ask them is they are Board Certified...then ask them WHAT they are Board certified in (answer HAS to be Plastic Surgery)....then ask if they do Mastopexy/Augmentation. Ask them if they do the procedure all at once or staged (two different operations). Each surgeon has their own style and comfort level. I do the operation at one time, other may not, but ask also to see their results.

4) Take enough time to recover and find someone to help you for the first 24-48hrs or longer if you have young children....if you work, take a week off or longer if your job requires heavy lifting.

Just a few things I think are important!

Good luck!

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD

+1

I find your question very hard to answer. In a free society, no one should be told what is best for them by anyone (the exception being their parents, of course).

You have sagging breasts somewhat deflated with wide asymmetric areolae.
- Are you happy with your current appearance? If so, then have nothing done.

- Are you happy with the volume of the breasts but wish they could be perkier?  Then the best alternative is to have a Hall-Findlay short scar breast lift.

- Are you unhappy with the sagging and the volume of the breasts wishing they were larger and perkier? Then consider a Breast Augmentation Lift.

Educate yourself on your options and then visit several Plastic surgeons to see what each one suggests.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breast Surgery Recommendations

+1

Thanks for posting the photo. Best is to see in person a boarded surgeon to discuss your issues. My choice is a full anchor lift + implants. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Best breast surgery

+1

It depends, are you concerned about the size of your breasts, the position of them, or both?  The position on your chest wall can be improved with a lift, and the size with implants.  

David A. Lickstein, MD

Vertical (lollipop scar) breast lift works best.

+1

Hi.

You seem to have good size. A vertical internal lift will give you a long lasting result because it does not rely on pulling the skin. Look up Lejour and Hall Findlay techniques.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Options for Breast Surgery

+1

To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants.

A breast lift raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you just want to go bigger, the only way to do that is with implants. The great thing about these techniques is that they can now be down with minimal scarring and performed as an outpatient procedure without the need for general anesthesia.

When women with saggy breasts want to go bigger, I usually advise doing a breast lift along with the implants. Otherwise, the implants create what we call a “double bubble,” where the breast droops off the end of the implant like a sock. Some of my patients, however, don’t want a lift because they want to avoid additional scarring, so sometimes implants alone can fill out the skin and eliminate the saggy appearance.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD