Breast Surgery Recommendations. What's Best for Me?

What kind of surgery do you recommend?

Breast surgery recommendations and advice: going about it the right way

My first recommendation would be based on your preferences. Do you want to be larger or smaller. That makes a huge difference in my advice. Assuming you want to be bigger. My next advice would be do you want your nipples and areolae smaller vs larger and/or lifted. Again I would have different options depending on your answers and tolerance of the resulting scars. This is not a quick answer. Spend time with a plastic surgeon expressiing your goals and desires and they will advise you best on how to proceed.

Breast recommendations

From the single photo it looks llike you would need a lift. If you want more volume then you will also need an implant.

Breast lift and breast implants

I wish it was that easy. The lack of measurements and photos from other angles make it impossible to give you a specific best option. It is clear from the photo that there is some breast sagging that will have to be addressed by the removal of some breast skin at the same time. If you just put the implant in it will either be too low or your native breast tissue will be too low relative to the implant. The question then arises as to how much skin to remove for lifting and in what pattern. That depends again on the measurements and physical findings as well as how much skin scar you are willing to have. There is no one answer to your question and different patients with the same scenario will choose different available options for varied reasons.

Aaron Stone, MD

I find your question very hard to answer. In a free society, no one should be told what is best for them by anyone (the exception being their parents, of course).

You have sagging breasts somewhat deflated with wide asymmetric areolae.
- Are you happy with your current appearance? If so, then have nothing done.

- Are you happy with the volume of the breasts but wish they could be perkier?  Then the best alternative is to have a Hall-Findlay short scar breast lift.

- Are you unhappy with the sagging and the volume of the breasts wishing they were larger and perkier? Then consider a Breast Augmentation Lift.

Educate yourself on your options and then visit several Plastic surgeons to see what each one suggests.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breast Surgery Recommendations

Thanks for posting the photo. Best is to see in person a boarded surgeon to discuss your issues. My choice is a full anchor lift + implants. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Best breast surgery

It depends, are you concerned about the size of your breasts, the position of them, or both?  The position on your chest wall can be improved with a lift, and the size with implants.  

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

Vertical (lollipop scar) breast lift works best.

You seem to have good size. A vertical internal lift will give you a long lasting result because it does not rely on pulling the skin. Look up Lejour and Hall Findlay techniques.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Options for Breast Surgery

To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants.

A breast lift raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you just want to go bigger, the only way to do that is with implants. The great thing about these techniques is that they can now be down with minimal scarring and performed as an outpatient procedure without the need for general anesthesia.

When women with saggy breasts want to go bigger, I usually advise doing a breast lift along with the implants. Otherwise, the implants create what we call a “double bubble,” where the breast droops off the end of the implant like a sock. Some of my patients, however, don’t want a lift because they want to avoid additional scarring, so sometimes implants alone can fill out the skin and eliminate the saggy appearance.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

The right breast procedure comes from your concerns

Cosmetic surgery is something that we do for ourselves alone. Judging from your picture your breast is attractive just as it is. Would a breast augmentation be right for you? That is something you must know yourself. Fuller volume could be attractive as well, but only if it is how your feel inside. The look is all about you, not what others may think.

Best Procedure Depends Upon Concerns

The best procedure to improve the appearance of your breasts depends upon the concerns that you have.  It appears from your photo that you would benefit from a breast lift with implants, but again you must verbalize your concerns in order for your surgeon to determine the best solution for you.

John Whitt, MD (retired)