Recommendations for Implants Without a Lift? (photo)

I've never had perky breasts as a teen or a young adult, but they've always been okay until i gained 100 lbs during my pregnancy. Nursed for 15 months and i have lost so much volume. I do not want a breast lift i just want submuscular implants. What do you suggest? I am thinking saline round high profile submuscular implants. I have 3 consultations scheduled within the next 2 weeks. 5'6 1/2 155 lbs

You won't like implants without a lift unfortunately

+2

From your photos, the weight loss and children have take a toll on the elasticity of your breasts.  The nipples are low and there is substantial skin laxity in the lower pole.  These features cannot be corrected by any kind, style, or size of implant alone.  An implant without a lift will result in what is called a "Snoopy nose deformity" where Snoopy's head is the implant and his nose is the breast falling off the end of the implant.  This is not an attractive look. 

What you can do though is have the implants done and see what you think.  If you don't like where the breasts are (they won't be lifted), you can go back 4-6 months later and have a lift done.

Breast Implants With Or Without A Lift

+1

Dear Cagirl,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Implants without a lift will increase the size of your breasts but will also lead to additional ptosis (drooping). The photos alone are not sufficient to formulate an accurate opinion but you may be able to achieve commendable results with only a lift if increasing the size of your breasts is not your goal.

I believe that it is best if you seek further consultations with board certified surgeons of extensive experience in the field to guide you towards a well informed decision.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

You need a lift but maybe not an implant.

+1

You need a lift and I would consider having just a lift.  A vertical lift will make you look a little bigger.  Going with just an implant would be a mistake.

You may be able to find a surgeon who will do what you are hoping will be successful but I'm telling you that the laws of physics cannot be overcome with wishful thinking.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Must you have a lift?

+1

The jury is in and the consensus is you should have a lift if you wish to have the best aesthetic result.  If you are only concerned with having more fullness and aren't as concerned (though you do mention perky) with the appearance when undressed, you could have an augmentation done and plan for a possible lift in the future if not pleased.  From the many opinions expressed, you would probably be much happier with both a lift and augmentation done at the same time.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implants vs a lift

+1

Sorry, but implants do not lift the breast significantly, so that if you  need a lift ...you need a lift. Good luck.

Breast Lift Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, you will  not do well with breast augmentation only; breast lifting will be necessary to achieve an aesthetically pleasant result. In other words, if you select your surgeon based on  the offer of a “limited scar” procedure you will very likely be disappointed with the results.

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting of the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Breast implants without a lift may not be esthetically pleasing

+1

Unfortunately, you will not be happy with implants alone. You need a lift to rearrange your breast tissue so that it lies directly over the implant, otherwise, you will have the dreaded 'double-bubble' phenomenon - not a pretty look. I understand your hesitation to have a lift. Most lifts require a very visible vertical scar that only weakens the lift by placing an incision at the point of maximum tension. There is a new technique called the Ultimate Breast LIft that lifts the breast high and perky without the need of an implant. An internal bra is fashioned with your excess skin and your breast is reshaped into a cone to give you a young/perky appearance. Breasts look round and natural without the need of a vertical scar. Incisions are placed around the areola and hidden under the natural crease of the breast. Just anoter option.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

With or without implants, you will need a breast lift.

+1

With or without implants, you will need a lift.

If you just get implants they will fall, leaving you with the proverbial "rock-n-a sock," not a good look.

See two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation With Benelli Mastopexy

+1

You demonstrate the four basic problems of a droopy (ptotic) breast: 1. the breasts hang on the chest wall.  2. the areola are too low on the breast mound.  3. the areola are too large.  4. there is no fullness in the upper quadrant.  I'm going to make the assumption that the reason you are unwilling to get a breast lift is because you are unwilling to have 7-9 inches of scar seen in the standard mastopexy (lift).  

I agree with all previous responders that you need a lift and that your breast droop, or ptosis, is beyond that which an implant alone can correct.  In this situation, in my practice, I would recommend a transaxillary breast augmentation with a simultaneous Benelli (circumareolar) mastopexy.  You don't need much lift, but you definitely need some lift.  Be sure that your three consultations are with board-certified plastic surgeons experienced in all aspects of Mastopexy surgery.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with or without a breast lift

+1

From your photos it appears you will most likely require some type of a breast lift along with a breast augmentation. I agree with my colleagues that without a breast lift your breasts/nipples will hang below the implants creating an unnatural look.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon