Recommendations: Bonding or Veneers (photo)

I've been looking at options for fixing some minor issues that I'm having with my teeth. I am tossing up between bonding & veneers I know veneers are superior to bonding but I'm leaning toward bonding due to price I feel that my teeth aren't really that bad, its just the canines and some others that look too point/chipped What are your recommendations? If I got veneers I'd want to get all of them done so they match perfectly in color, but its very costly. Also can bonded teeth be whitened?

Do Bonding

+1

Hopefully you have been able to return to your dentist and they took impressions to do a diagnostic wax-up.  You can even try on how your teeth will look with the bonding once the wax-up has been completed.  The wax-up serves as the dentists architectural plan.  You can decide if bonding will work and then make your choice at the time you do the try in.  Bonding is more conservative and you can always do veneers later.  Make sure you like the color of your teeth-Whiten before you bond!!  Much fun-

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding or Porcelain Veneers?

+1

This is a question that many cosmetic dentistry patients face. There are pro's and con's to each approach.

You've indicated that you want to fix some minor issues. My hunch is that bonding would be the best approach, here's why: bonding can make smaller, subtler changes easily and with little  removal of your natural enamel. It's also a very cost effective option.

If you were wanting to make your teeth "perfect" then  bonding would have some limitations. This is when you may want to start thinking about porcelain veneers.

Make sure that you visit an established "cosmetic dentist". You have a number of features that will require some advanced skills. 

Whatever has flattened off your eye teeth will continue to flatten out other teeth, and possibly cause more chipping. The right plan will not only improve the spaces you see, but also design the bite so it slides better.

Web reference: http://www.scottgreenhalghdds.com/dental-bonding.html

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Cosmetic Bonding Might Be Better Than Porcelain Veneers in Your Case

+1

When teeth are as healthy as yours and there is some basic reshaping and contouring necessary to improve aesthetics, cosmetic tooth bonding is a better choice. While longer lasting and more resilient, most times, porcelain laminate veneers require additional time and cost as there are preparations (filing of tooth structure), impressions, temporaries and fabrication by a dental laboratory. 

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding and Contouring will do the trick!

+1

You have very nice teeth. I would definitely not have veneers done.  Actually, your teeth are white, but if you decide to have bonding done, make sure you have them whitened first and match the bonding to the whitening.  Your canines need to be reduced somewhat and with bonding and contouring on the canines as well as the laterals, the space you are concerned about will close enough.  . Your smile will look very natural. You will have less reduction as well as saving a small fortune for not going with veneers.

Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Smile Improvements Using Bonding and Contouring/Reshaping

+1

Look in the mirror and watch your teeth as you bite together and then slide your lower jaw/teeth all the way from side to side (keeping your upper and lower teeth in light contact while you slide).  Do you see your tall lower canines sliding through the gap in your upper teeth?  If so, your lower canines will need to be reshaped/contoured - otherwise they will bust off the bonding or porcelain you put on the top teeth.

For cases like yours, I will do a mock up bonding first and show you in the mirror.  If you love the result, then we know that you will like the results from bonding.  If you don't feel the mock-up achieves your smile goals, then we can talk more about porcelain options.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers are almost always are a better option

+1

You need to look into more factors just the price in my opinion to make a wise decision. Here's what I ask my patients to help them decide

1) How much space is there between your upper and lower jaw when you close your teeth together in full ?  Did the dentist you go to have had any conversation with you regarding  your bite? I have a feeling your bite is not optimum looking at your photos,but obviously can not be sure .

2) Are you prepared to whiten your teeth and maintain the color repeatedly over the years? Are you ready to replace the bonding repeatedly over the years ?

3) How many of your teeth do you show when  you smile naturally? From the photos, I believe you could get improvement in opening your smile a bit, so that you do not mainly show the four front teeth as your dominant smile design. 

Veneers are almost always are a better option as you mentioned.  I highly recommend for you to visit  a good cosmetic dentist and weigh your options considering  the above. The least you should do is to ask her/him  to take professional intra-oral photos from you and prepare a smile make over design on a was up. the you can truly decide as you which option is better. 

Also always consider if getting veneers will help you with your lifestyle, job, and level of your confidence and happiness. You are  worth it.

Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding or Veneers

+1

I agree, your teeth look very nice. In the hands of a Very Good Cosmetic Dentist, bonding and contouring of your existing teeth should work out very well. I would suggest whitening your teeth first, and then do the bonding to match the whitened teeth. NO, bonding will not bleach as natural teeth do.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Resin vs. porcelain?

+1

it seems that some bonding on the back of the laterals and the front of the canines would be sufficient to close the large embrasure space that is present on both sides. you seem to have small or peg laterals and that is contributing to the problem along with some spacing issues. to fill the space completely would make the laterals way to big and the proportionality of the case would look bad so expect some space to remain to make it loll natural. you can always bond some glass on them in the future but if the dentist is skilled then they can look excellent

Wichita Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding vs. Veneers

+1

Those canines could be reduced slightly with a handpiece easily. 

You're right, they are not that bad.  I would try that first, because you have nice looking teeth with no stains, crowding, or much rotation.

And no, bonded teeth do not whiten like the natural tooth enamel.

Fort Worth Cosmetic Dentist