Need a Recommendation for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Maryland/DC Area for Breast Augmentation Revision? (photo)

breast augmentation in 06 (saline 300cc). Within 6 months my left implant ruptured so I had both replaced w/silicone implants of similar size. Since then I have had 4 more surgeries on the right breast the last one 6wks ago - had the right implant switched out and placed over the muscle to correct a "ledge" (surgeon called it) Due to multiple surgeries I have little breast tissue covering the implant. My surgeon now wants to do fat graph. I don't want to give her any $$ need your help..

Board Certified and Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

+1

Sorry to hear about your experience.  The breast revision is going to be trickier than the original surgery.  Ensure that the surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon. After your experience, ensure that the physician is board certified in plastic surgery and not another field. Also, it would be beneficial to consult with someone who is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 

Finding Plastic Surgeon for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after breast  augmentation surgery.  You are wise to seek out well experienced plastic surgeons who have significant experience with revision breast surgery. Based on your  description  of past surgical history and pictures, reconstruction will not be “simple” even in the best of hands.

It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic breast surgery,  and especially revisionary breast surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Breast implant revisions

+1

Thank you for your questions and photos.  It appears as though the left breast may need to be "moved over" to the left in order to achieve more symmetry.  This can be done with a material called Strattice that I have used many times to correct asymmetric breasts.  The areola may also need to be shifted some.  I'm located right in Baltimore so I'd be more than happy to take a look at you.  Kind regards, Dr. Schreiber.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD