Recommendation for Asian Revision Rhinoplasty, Replacing Implant?

Could you please recommend doctors who are experienced in revision rhinoplasty replacing silicone implant with _______? If you are one, I want to know what surgical method you recommend, and why. I am looking for any locations from VA to NY, and any location from OH to Chicago.

Revision Asian rhinoplasty

+1
revision rhinoplasty in general can be a complicated matter and this is particularly true and Asian rhinoplasty.  In general your going to want to replace the silicone with cartilage either from your own body which can include ears or ribs.  It is also possible to use donor cartilage from someone else's ribs.

I'll attach a video that part describes this process in more detail.  In the region of the country that you live in a doctor by the name of Dean Toriumi would be the most qualified I think.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty - Implant Replacement

+1

This is a common request from patients who have had Asian Rhinoplasty surgery in Asia with a silicone implant.  I prefer to used cartilage from within your own body to avoid the complications that I have seen.  I would recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified specialist in the face who performs Asian Rhinoplasty who can best help you achieve the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and straight silicone dorsal grafts is what I use to build up the nasal bridge because they are reliable and will not dissolve as ear, rib and banked cartilage can.  Why are you removing the current silicone dorsal implant and what are you hoping to achieve with a revision Rhinoplasty?  last Rhinoplasty was performed how long ago?  I would need to see pictures from the front, side and from below for further evaluation.

Revision of Asian rhinoplasty

+1

It is not totally clear why you are requesting a revision.  You mentioned diced cartilage wrapped in fascia.  That is certainly one way to do it.  I prefer rib graft with a well hidden incision under the breast.  Other parts of the revising could include: making the alae smaller (nostrils), making the nose more refined at the tip, and making the nose more narrow.  Please check out our web site.

Wishing yo all the best,

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Recommendation for Asian Revision Rhinoplasty Using Implant

+1

The technque used to revise a nose after rhinoplasty depends upon the patient's anatomy and the specific issues related to the previous rhinoplasty. Implant infection, malposition, extrusion and inefficient augmentation are only a few examples of possible issues leading a patient toward revision after a silicone implant. Photographs and more details would be helpful. In general, a thorough intranasal and external nasal examination in addition to photographs are necessary to evaluate the revision rhinoplasty patient.  

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon