Recommendation for asian bulbous tip and wide alars? (Photo)

My nose tip is very large and my alars are too wide. Is there any way that can help reduce the bulbosity of my nose and make it look narrow and thinner? My alars are also very wide and my skin is very thick, is there any way to reduce the thickness and wideness of my alars?

Refining the nasal tip and alar base modification during Asian rhinoplasty

+1
There is an important relationship between the profile and the frontal view of your nose.  A flat nose, even when small, will appear very wide when viewed from the front.  By making the nose slightly taller from the profile, it can also be made to look thinner and more narrow from the front.  

Alar base modification (nostril reduction) can be performed to reduce both the flare and the width of your nostrils.  

Asian Rhinoplasty Goals

+1
Narrowing the tip and to a small degree the base of the ala (alarplasty)along with a conservative dorsal nasal implant would help you acheive your goals. Prior to doing an dorsal augmentation you can try dorsal fillers first to make sure you like the change.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Recommendation for asian bulbous tip and wide alars?

+1
All of those adjustments can be made to produce a nice, natural change with a closed rhinoplasty technique.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Asian rhinoplasty for thick nasal tip

+1

I would defat the tip and narrow the nostrils. The nostril wall thickness can be thinned if needed.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1
This is a very common request from Asian patients.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with your Asian Rhinoplasty.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like after surgery.

Kimberly Lee, MD