Is It Recommended to Do Light Cardio and Butt Exercises Months Prior to BBL Surgery?

Planning to have BBL surgery in JUly 15th but was not sure if is recommendable to do light cardio and butt exercises to build my strength months prior to surgery.

+2

Being in good shape before surgery is never a bad idea.  You should not diet before Brazilian buttlift unless instructed by your surgeon.  Remember that the amount of fat available for liposuction and fat transfer will make or break the result along with the skill of the surgeon.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Exercise before Surgery

+2

Always discuss exercise with your plastic surgeon.  I always recommend patients to be in the best physical condition and at their ideal weight prior to surgery.  Exercise as much as possible prior to surgery because you will not be able to return to extreme physical activity until 6-8 weeks after surgery.

Richard P. Glunk, MD, FACS

Richard P. Glunk, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon