Do I Need Tip Rhinoplasty?

I'm 30 years old, and overall perceive myself to have good skin tone. The only facial procedure I've had done is Botox to glabella, but have a crows feet appointment coming up. Services I'm interested in include laser skin tightening to maintain collagen, Latisse, volumizers, and tip rhinoplasty. What would you recommend?

Do I need a tip Plasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your nasal tip itself is quite small with an aesthetically pleasing shape, so offhand I would say no to a Tip Plasty.  Your nostrils are flared and horizontally oriented which give the illusion of a broad nasal tip.  I'd have to see better quality pictures to make a more detailed review.

Rhinoplasty?

Thank you for your inquiry!

Based on the pictures alone, a rhinoplasty to address your nasal tip may not be the solution. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Non-surgical rhinoplasty can be effective for small tip changes

It is difficult to evaluate your nose with the photos shown but in one view there appears to be some shadowing above the nasal tip, possibly a contouring issue.  A small defect like this may be effectively treated with non-surgical rhinoplasty, using fillers to contour the nose.  The procedure is quick and is great at small, defined changes.

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon