Someone Can Recommend One Treatment for my Ice Pick Scars? (photo)

i have the two scars from my childhood, one is above my brow, another is left my brow. According to what i saw on the net, PUNCH EXCISION seem to be the best way for my scars removal. I wanna know whether it's right for me, and after that treatment how the improvement is. Thanks very much.

Treatment for ice pick scars on the face

+1

A punch excision would likely be the best treatment for the scars in the photograph.  The procedure generally takes just a few minutes.  You will have stitches for 5-7 days.  You will heal with a scar but it will likely be much less noticable than the ice pick scar.  Scars tend to improve overtime.  Be sure that you consult with a board-certified dermatologist.

Web reference: http://www.aglowdermatology.com

Punch Excision Excellent Technique for Ice Pick or Punched Out Appearing Scars

+1

Based on what I can see in the picture, these scars appear punched-out  and would best benefit from punch excision.  Laser will not improve them and filler, while possibly lifting the center, will not get rid of their fibrous rims that give them their punched-out appearance. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist experienced in treating scars on the face. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/conditions.php?id=40

One Treatment for my Ice Pick Scars

+1

Asian skin is often prone to hypertrophyc scarring.

If that's not the case, e.g. you have other scars of your face or body which have healed well after appropriate closure, my first choice would be surgical excision of the scar and appropriate layered closure. Further improvement can be achieved with with addition of fractional non ablative laser to the area excised. But if you are looking for one single treatment, the surgical excision/closure is the best choice.

See board certified plastic surgeon.

Good Luck

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.