Would You Recommend Me to Have Surgery on my Face? (photo)

Since I've been wearing braces for the past few years I have noticed as I've grown my face has grown longer, especially my chin and my face has become thin, I would like some advice on what would be the best option, to widen my face? I am 19 years old, so I am probably still growing someone please help.

Long thin face

+1

You appear to have what we call a "long-face-syndrome"...clever term isn't it?  This is really not a syndrome or disease but rather just an extreme deviation from average facial proportions.

Only surgery could correct this problem and it is a "big deal" so make sure you talk about all the pros and cons with your orthodontist and the surgeon before considering it.

Saint Louis Orthodontist