Could anyone recommend a Surgeon experienced with the removal of artefill under the eyes?

I had an artefill injection under the eyes 3 months and have resulting malar bags, lumping, and pain in several areas. I wish I had known about this site before I went. I wondered if anyone could recommend a couple good surgeons to consult with who may be experienced in this area. I live in the midwest. Thank you and any information.

+1
I would need to see your photographs prior to a more precise answer. Since Artefill stimulates production of collagen I would first try serial injections of dilute steroid and possibly steroid mixed in with 5-FU. You should definitely first seek treatment with your original injector unless this has already proven not to be successful and satisfactory.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill for under the eyelids

+1
I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with your treatment.  

Persistent swelling of the lower eyelid is usually due to a problem called periorbital edema which will almost always get better on its own, in time.  Any further treatment will often make things worse.  Artefill rarely causes lumps but blood as a result of the injection trauma can cause the problem you are describing.  Again, this problem often resolves with time and some gentle massage to the area.  

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon or occuloplastic surgeon who has experience with Artefill.  If you call Suneva, the makers of Artefill, they will be able to help.

Best regards,

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon