Saline or Silicone for Someone with Adequate Breast Tissue?

Getting BA done next month.My doctor usually recommends silicone because most of his patients have an A cup.After my exam, he said I could go with silicone or saline because I'm a full 34B cup. He said I have enough breast tissue so there wouldnt be a difference, and would get the same results.

It will be soft as silicone, and give me good projection. I'm a 34 full B, shooting for a 34 full D.What would you suggest? Also, 450cc or 500cc?Would like fuller, natural feel, look, and movement.

Saline and Silicone are both good options

Both silicone and saline implants can provide a nice result if done properly. Many surgeons prefer silicone, but there are also those who prefer saline for most patients. I have over twenty years experience using both silicone and saline implants, but for your situation, I would most likely choose a saline implant.  

There are many advantages to a saline implant which include; a smaller incision which can be hidden in the armpit leaving no breast scar, in my practice saline implants have a lower rate of scar tissue problems than silicone implants, and the leakage rate for saline implants over the last twenty years has been less than two percent.  Therefore, if your saline implant doesn't leak (98% don't) then it may not be necessary to replace it, and you won't require expensive MRI's to look for silent rupture as you would with a gel implant.  This is the recommendation of the FDA and the manufacturer of the gel implants.  I have hundreds of patients who have been extremely happy with their results from saline implants and when performed properly and with good patient selection, the implants look and feel very natural.  Ultimately, the decision is yours.  Good luck. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon