Would You Recommend Rhinoplasty to Improve my Face?

Would a nose job improve my face? I think my nose is kinda big.

Rhinoplasty will balance nose with your facial features.

+1

The convexity to your nose makes it look rather large and out of proportion to the rest of your facial features. A reduction rhinoplasty, where the hump is removed and narrowing of the nasal sidewalls is performed with minimal tip surgery. This can be done as an outpatient procedure and under experienced hands gives excellent results where the nose does not look operated on.

Need for Rhinoplasty

+1

Having rhinoplasty surgery is a very personal decision. If you don't like the appearance of your nose, describe your dissatisfaction with a good rhinoplasty surgeon to determine what  appropriate changes can be made to meet your expectations.

Rhinoplasty can improve your facial aesthetics

+1

You say you think your nose is kinda big. If this bothers you, your nose can be reduced for better proportion. This can be shown easily on a computer so you can see what you might look like after the procedure. If the result looks better to you, then have the procedure. Discuss this with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can give you a more detailed evaluation. Good luck!

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Having rhinoplasty for cosmetic purposes only is strictly a personal preference. If you feel like it is something that would make you feel better about your appearance, then it may be a great option for you. There is computer imaging software that can give you an idea of what the outcome of your procedure will be after communicating your needs to your surgeon. Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty to improve the face

+1

What surprises me is lack of additional photos and why you expect the Internet experts to advise you on what to do. Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons for a variety of opinions. This is a much better route to take. Regards.

I agree with the others opinions

+1

I would suggest in addition that you look at standard photos of rhinoplasty (see doctors sites). Have someone take your pictures that way and print them. Use a pencil to rearrange your nose to the way you think it looks good. This would be a good way to communciate to your ps, and also give you an idea of what you may look like and if you woud like it.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you feel that your nose is large, a rhinoplasty may be beneficial to improve the appearance. This could be accomplished by shaving down the dorsum and possibly narrowing it a bit.

If you don't like it, fix it

+1

It is not important what I think about your nose and your face, if you don't like the way it looks and think a straighter nose will look better on your face then go for it.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Nose job to help you look better

+1

Although it is a little difficult to tell for sure from your picture it does look like your nose might be a bit large for your face. This could be due to the bump on the top of the nose as well as the amount of projection, or how far the nose extends from your face. Both of these features can be corrected with rhinoplasty. I think you would be a good candidate for that operation but the only way to know for sure would be to have a face-to-face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. As mentioned by one of the other doctors, a plastic surgeon who can perform computer imaging can give you a very good idea of the results you can expect before you even have the surgery.

Robert B. Pollack, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

You can make your nose smaller with Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

If you're dissatisfied with the appearance of your nose, then you should consult a board-certified, experienced Rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your options. I like to use computer imaging to give you an idea how you'll look after surgery. And it helps to ensure that you have realistic expectations regarding Rhinoplasty surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon