Would You Recommend Revision Rhinoplasty for Me? Bump Still Visible on One Side? (photo)

A little over a year ago, I underwent rhinoplasty for a small nasal bump. The right side looks very nice and straight but the left side still has a little bump. I noticed this immediately when the cast was taken off, but I contributed it to swelling. Well, it never went down. Is this worth getting a revision rhinoplasty done? How much do you think this minor revision would cost if I got it done by the same surgeon I had before? (I payed $2500 for my surgery last year). Thank you so much.

Hi There,

Here is a link that may help you with your research:

http://www.realself.com/revision-rhinoplasty/cost

Hopefully this helps!

Revision rhinoplasty for a touchup

+1

A small bump on the nasal bridge is usually easy to file down.  It is best to go back to the original surgeon to address that and usually there is only a nominal fee for the operating room and anesthesia since it is simply a touchup done by the original surgeon.  It is always best to have general anesthesia even for an easy revision since there are so many nerve endings in the nose.

Would You Recommend Revision Rhinoplasty for Me? Bump Still Visible on One Side?

+1

You are a candidate for revision based on the photos that you submitted. If you have confidence and trust in your original surgeon, I recommend returning to him or her to discuss a revision procedure. That will likely be the most economical approach. If you no longer have confidence in their skill set seek a second opinion with a Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive revision rhinoplasty experience. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for residual bump on bridge

+1

If you were otherwise happy with your prior surgeon you should revisit with him or her to discuss having a revision rasping. It's typically more economical to have the refinement procedure done by your original surgeon in these types of cases.

If you have concerns about your surgeon's skill or experience you should find a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgery who have extensive experience with performing rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/revision-rhinoplasty

Bump on Side 1 Year after Rhinoplasty

+1

There is residual bone present which can be improved with a revision. Talk to your surgeon who may give you a break on the cost.

Would you recommend revision rhinoplasty for me?

+1

Hello, in reviewing your posted photos I do understand your concern. I advise you to consult  with your original surgeon and schedule surgery for a dorsal rasp of the slight bump that is visible. Good luck to you.