Would You Recommend Revision Otoplasty? (photo)

I had otoplasty in a foreign country a couple years ago. They used a cartilage cutting technique on my right ear and it has left a visible ridge on the outside of my ear. I think the right ear might also have a bit of "telephone ear deformity" and a "darwin's tubercle". I am pretty satisfied with my left ear. It sticks out a bit at the top but I think that is the way the ear cartilage is shaped. Not sure if anything can be done about that. Before and after pics below. Is it fixable?

Sharp Ridge Softened on Ear after Otoplasty

+1

The sharp ridge can be softened with several methods, but I would not categorize the ear as having the telephone ear deformity.  The result is quite good and symmetric considering your preoperative photos.  Kenneth Hughes, MD otoplasty ear pinning Los Angeles, CA

Revision otoplasty

+1

I agree with your concerns.  The Darwin's tubercle could easily be removed.  The right ear is still a bit prominent and the fold that was created is a bit sharp.  These concerns could be addressed by another surgery.  It is difficult to tell which refinements are required without examining you, but possibly a fascia graft to soften the sharp ridge, with some cartilage shaving, might help.  Also, you may need a conchal excision on the right side to reduce the additional prominence of the right ear.  Best wishes and thank you for your questions.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon