Do You Recommend a Patient with Thrombocythemia or Thrombocytosis to Get Plastic Surgery?

Back in April 2011, I find out I was diagnosed with essential thrombocythemia and thrombocytosis. I have over million and hundred thousand blood platelets. One day, I'm 21 and one day I want a breast lift (possible with implants). If I have children I probably want a breast lift, mini tummy tuck, and maybe a vaginaplasty. Do you recommend a patient with thrombocythemia or thrombocytosis to get plastic surgery?

Cosmetic surgery and bleeding disorders

+1

The question cannot really be answered as stated because 2 people can have the same platelet counts but one of them could have dysfunctional platelets. The more important questions are what is your bleeding time with that platelet count, what could happen with the physiologic changes of surgery like temporary dehydration and what does your hematologist recommend? It goes without saying you need to be more careful going into any surgery than the average person.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.