Do You Recommend PAL Liposuction Incisions Be Made Below the Patella? (photo)

Is it safe and sound to make incisions here (as indicated in the picture), below the patella? Why or why not?

Liposuction incision below the patella

+1

Thank you for your question about liposuction incisions below the patella.

• The patella is the knee cap. There is no fat in this area.
  • If the goal is to liposuction fat from the inner knee, I use an incision above the patella.
  • To liposuction fat in the lower leg, I use incisions at the side and back of the knee.
  • An incision directly over the patella is unlikely to give the access I need for liposuction and might irritate the bone and adjacent tendon. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

+1

Your question is confusing and can not be addressed without more information posted. I can only comment YES to the location but it is a very strict criteria. 

Do You Recommend PAL Liposuction Incisions Be Made Below the Patella?

+1

This would depend upon the areas to be liposuctioned.  In general, the area of the knees and calves produces less than dramatic results and more contour irregularity than other areas.  If they are suctioned, small cannulae should be used and incision placement at 3 mm or less is not as much of a concern.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA