What Would You Recommend for my Nose, It Drops Down and the Nostrils Are Large?

I think it's too big for my face because of the hump and my nostrils are too large because the tip of my nose drop down. When I smile, it gets worst, I can't smile as my upper lip seem to drop down with the tip of nose...it makes my smile too little (hide too much my upper theeth). What do you recommend ?

Rhinoplasty

+3

It looks like you could remove the small bump , elevate the tip and columella so it wouldn't be quite as long, and push the nose in slightly .

Treatment of Large Nose

+2

Your nose is not consistent with the rest of your facial features. A rhinoplasty will remove the bump, shorten your nose, elevate and refine your tip,  and raise the columella. A pretty woman should have a nose that compliments her face.

Rhinoplasty for the long nose with a bump.

+2
Yes, a rhinoplasty to shorten your nose and remove the bump and raise your hanging columella, etc. Will give you a more attractive looking nose. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Rhinoplasty for Drooping Nose Includes Release of a Specific Muscle

+1

Hello, Luna.

You are a pretty lady and therefore need only minimal refinement based on your description and photos.

Your nasal tip droops with smile because of an overactive depressor septi muscle. It can be released from within the nose.

The other key move at surgery is to very slightly raise your nose from your lip. Right now, your nose is too " tall" for your face. Not talking about upturning it, BUT  merely giving it a little elevator ride up.

Good luck.

-Robert Kotler,MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Recommendations for drooping nose with large nostrils

+1

With rhinoplasty the hump can be removed.  Once the hump is removed, the nasal bones must be narrowed to prevent an open roof deformity.  Columellar show is reduced by trimming back the membranous and cartilaginous caudal septum.  The tip can be brought upwards and the nose shortened by trimming the cartilaginous septum as well.  Wide nostrils are best treated with alarplasty.  The plunging tip phenomenon is treated by releasing the depressor septi ligament so that the nasal tip changes from being dynamic to static.  

Droopy nose

+1

A rhinoplasty can really bring out you features by better balancing your face. Your nose can be shortened, tip elevated and profile and tip refined. It won't point down when you smile anymore.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The ideal nose length is 1/3 of the face. Your nose appears too long. The hump needs to be removed and depressor septi muscle needs to be release in order to reduce pulling of the nasal tip down on smiling. It will also enlongate the upper lip and reduces the teeth showing. Finally the tip needs to be elevated ( increase projection ) and refined.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon