Would You Recommend New Ones After 2 Kids?

I had saline implants 8 years ago. Since then I have has 2 kids, breast fed them both, and now I have lots of rippling and lose skin. would you recommend getting new ones since they have been through so much...lol per say? I mean do they have a bigger chance of rupturing after all they have been through? Thanks D. in TX

Replacing Implants for Rippling

+1

Thanks for your questions.  If you have saline filled implants now, changing to silicone might help with rippling. 

I would not recommend changing implants just because they are a few years old.  I would recommend changing if : you wanted more (or less) volume, your implants were leaking, or you were changing to a different type to minimize rippling.

Loose skin is usually best improved with a lift.  Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Replace to cohesive gel implants. Slight size increase.

+1

No, you don't need to replace them. But if you desire to improve your rippling and your skin looseness, I think that it's a good idea to replace them. I'll use COHESIVE SILICONE GEL implants (preferably Natrelle-Allergan TRU FORM 3 or TRU FORM 2) to improve rippling. Combining this with a slightly bigger volume implants, the skin looseness appearance would be improved.

Good luck!

Spain Plastic Surgeon

?New implants??

+1

New implants (think silicone rather than saline) can address the rippling. It may be that some combination of larger implants   or breast lift can address the loose skin. 

Those will likely improve your overall breast appearance. As to any added risk of implant rupture, I would say no. Furthermore, a ruptured implant can be treated promptly when and if it occurs, and I see little advantage except to the surgeon and implant manufacturer of pre-emptive surgery in the setting of saline implants. 

Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.