Doctor Recommendation for Face Lift in Minnesota

I need eye lift, total face & neck lift.

Facial surgery

+1

I do not know where to go with your question. The photo is too small to evaluate your face. You may very well need to have the surgery you mentioned and so long as you find an experienced facial plastic or general plastic surgeon that is both experienced and board certified to evaluate the need for surgery you should do fine;

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift in Minnesota

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. James Fletcher and Dr. Warren Schubert are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Face Lift in Minnesota

+1

There are many experienced facial plastic surgeons and each surgeon has a unique set of skills and tools which may make him or her the best surgeon for that unique problem

Sam Naficy, MD

Facelift

+1

If your doctor is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and you feel comfortable with them, proceed forward.  If you like the procedure, but do not feel comfortable with the surgeon, find another one (Board Certified Plastic Surgeon).

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your Surgeon?

+1

Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgery  for plastic surgeons appropriately trained and certified. This is a good place to start. Next, evaluate the experience level and quality of results by looking at before and after pictures and by examining/talking to patients who have had similar procedures performed.

Once you have done enough due diligence research you will feel comfortable with the plastic surgeon you choose.

Best Surgeon for Minnesota Facelift

+1

The process for choosing a surgeon in Minnesota or anywhere else is the same.  Start with a board certified physician in the appropriate specialty;  in this case, the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery or the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The next step is to have a consultation.  Go in with an open mind.  Explain what you are trying to achieve and listen to the recommendations. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift, Mini Face Lift, The Palmer Celebrity Face Lift, Beverly Hills Face Lift

+1

You might have to travel outside your area to find the Face Lift surgeon you trust and have confidence in.  It's always better to find the surgeon first and then worry about how you'll get there second IMHO.

I feel like the kid on the playground saying "Pick me, pick me!"

+1

First check to see if the plastic surgeon is American Board of Plastic Surgery certified. The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (italics mine) is NOT an ABMS board, and certifies doctors of various specialties (some non-surgical) who wish to perform cosmetic surgery, and do not wish to advertise, promote, or emphasize their actual training in Dermatology, OB/Gyn, Family Medicine, General Surgery, or Ear, Nose, and Throat (Otolaryngology). See my Article on "Why Board Certification is Critical When Choosing a Plastic Surgeon" on my "About" page.

Look for the circular logo of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, which admits only ABPS-certified plastic surgeons, and the triangular logo of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, which admits only ABPS-certified plastic surgeons whose practice is substantially cosmetic surgical in nature. (See these logos on my "About" page, as well as my certification and society affiliations.)

Next, look where the surgeon trained, the reputation of the training institution, when the surgeon trained there (years of experience) and check with your local medical board to see if there are complaints or other concerns with your list of doctors. Even if the surgeon operates in their own office surgical facility (check if it is AAAASF-accredited), call the hospitals the surgeon list affiliation with, and verify if the credentials are current and if the doctor has privileges in plastic surgery. One way to weed out the "fake" cosmetic surgeons is to ask the hospital's medical staff office if the surgeon has privileges to do breast reconstruction--the Derm, OB, family practice, and ENT-trained surgeons don't have the training or expertise to do this surgery; only fully-trained plastic surgeons do! Of course, there are ABMS-certified Otolaryngologists (ENT) who take some additional training (usually less than a year; otherwise, they could become fully-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery after two years of plastic surgical training) in "facial plastic surgery" and are qualified to do facelift surgery. Unfortunately, many of these same doctors stray below the head and neck and offer liposuction, breast surgery, or other cosmetic surgery procedures that fall outside their training, but not their marketing. (Another plug for the article on Board certification if you didn't read it the first time!)

Next, talk with the surgeon and his staff. Look at before and after photographs on the doctor's website. (See my link below to my facelift photos). Get a surgical cost quote, and make sure it includes ALL charges, especially if the doctor operates at the hospital or outpatient surgicenter. Are these FIRM quotes, or "estimates?" Will there be any other bills sent to you individually? What is their re-do or touch-up surgery policy? What if you have bleeding and need re-operation--Who pays for this?

Perhaps not surprisingly, I will pass all these recommendations, but to be honest, there are many other very-well-trained, ABPS-certified plastic surgeons with years of experience, a few with accredited office surgical facilities, and even fewer with cosmetic-surgery-only practices, who do good facelift surgery here in Minneapolis. See several surgeons to ensure you are comfortable with the doctor and his or her staff.

Please give me the opportunity to see what I can do for you! I look forward to seeing you.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon