Would You Recommend Juvederm for my Lips?

I would like my lips to be plumper and have a bit of a pout. They're quite thin (even after using lip liner - as in pics) and the upper lip especially has a very flat look between my nose and lips. Since I have a slight overbite do you think the filler would make my lips look very fake and ducklike? I want it to look natural and subtle. How much do you think I would need and where would I have it injected for the most benefit? Also would you recommend that I get it in my philtral columns?

Juvederm in lips

+3

Juvederm is a wonderful and natural looking option for lip filler.  Please do your research and go to someone who has a lot of experience with fillers and discuss at length your expectations for the outcome.  Juvederm can last a while so it is better to stick with "less is more" mentality: You can always go back and fill more.  Good luck! 

Aurora Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for Lip Augmentation

+2
Juvederm is an excellent choice for lip augmentation. I personally find it 'softer' than Restylane. Depending on where you inject, you can have a pouty and/or fuller look. The common mistake I often see with lip augmentation is that providers concentrate on the vermillion border. This will only give a pout without fullness effect---leading to a ducky look.
Most of my patients want fullness without looking too pouty. This is very easily done if you understand the lip anatomy. Juvederm to enhance phitral columns is performed at the same time for certain patients.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

I do think Juvederm could help if you want lip augmentation

+2

I do think Juvederm could help if you want lip augmentation and it could be used very nicely to just define the lip line.  I think the philtral columns are always important.  I treat the philtral columns in almost all patients who have them nicely defined and in you I definitely would. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm is an excellent filler choice to enhance the lips

+2

In general, the hyaluronic acids are excent options for lip enhancement.  These include Juvederm and Restylane.  Juvederm is particularly well suited considering how soft it is, allowing it to disperse evenly into the target area very well.  When thicker and non-hyaluronic acid fillers are injected into areas that have substantial muscle activity, like lips and tear troughs, there is greater risk of filler to be shuttled into discrete lumps.  In other words, the muscle contraction pushes these fillers into discrete areas of least tissue resistance.

Please be sure a very experienced doctor does the injections for you, as there are important blood vessels that run through this region.  In the picture you show of your lips, you would do well with minimal amounts injected near the corner of the mouth and minimal amounts centrally.  Try that before tartgeting the philtrum.  Also, note that more isn't always better.  Choose a doctor who has an aesthetic you agree with, since it can be very easy to overfill lips.  I find again and again with my patients that a natural appearance always looks best.

Robert T. Anolik, MD

Juvederm for Lips

+2

Your lips have a great shape.  Yes, I think adding volume would enhance the appearance and be beneficial.

I like Juvederm for the lips.  I think that is a great choice.

Good luck,  and make sure you go to an experienced injector.  One syringe should be plenty, for your first time!

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

Would Juvederm work for my thin lips

+2

Yes, you could use Juvederm or Restylane to plump ypour lips but even more effective, IMHO are the Lip Implants like Alloderm or the silastic implant which increase the actual red portion, of the lips, not just the borders.

Juvederm injections, lip augmentation, Juvederm placement

+2

Juvederm excels for lip augmentation as it is soft and the least palpable filler in the lips.  When injected properly by an experienced injector, you should achieve the natural look you are seeking and the lips should not appear  fake or duck-like.  I would recommend injecting one syringe of Juvederm, and possibly even less, as you can always add more product at a later date should you want more volume down the line. There are several different places the lip can be injected.  Along the edge defines the lip, into the body of the lip adds some volume and can turn out corners.  The philtral columns can also get injected.  A very experienced injector can help to guide you as to the areas that would create the most natural effect in your face.

Karyn Grossman, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+2

Lip augmentation with fillers like juvederm or perlane should do the trick for you to give you the fullness that you want.

Juvederm for Lips

+2

I prefer to use fat or Juvederm for lip augmentation. I would place the fat or filler at the vermillon border and in the philtral columns. I would not place more than one syringe of the Juvederm. Be conservative - you can always come back for additional injections if not satisfied.

Lips augmentation enhacement juvederm restylane cost

+2

Your lip would look very nice with the right injection approach with either Restylane or Juvederm.  Restylane is FDA approved for lips in the United States now.  The complete cost for this procedure is $400 for Restylane and slightly more with Juvederm.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD