Do You Recommend ICL or PRK For Thin Corneas? Right Eye (487 Microns) Left Eye(483 Microns)

My right eye power is sph-- 7 ,cyl-- 1.5, Axis - 15.... My Left eye power is sph--7.5 cyl--0, Axis - 0......... My age is 25 years. Pls suggest me a suitable permanent solution for my sight problem. Doctor Prescribed me ICL Surgery.I would like to know the success rate and cost effectiveness of the procedure.

Intraocular Contact Lens (ICL) vs LASIK vs PRK with Thin Corneas

+1

There are times and situations where any or all of these procedures would work well, even on a thinner cornea. That being said, with the corneal thickness numbers you mention and the severity of your nearsightedness, I would recommend the ICL, as it will not thin your(already thin) cornea at all. While it is a more invasive and more expensive option, it is safe and effective and, in your case, your only option.

Baltimore Ophthalmologist