What Do You Recommend for Puckered Areas on the Bicep Area - Fat or Collagen?

I was riding my bike when the passenger of a vehicle opened her door and the edge of it slammed into my bicep. I now have a small scar and 3 puckered areas around it. What procedure do you recommend to shape the bicep, which is quite muscular, back to normal? Thanks, Sue

Puckered biceps

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Recontouring scars

Without photos or an age of the injury it is hard to say what you would benefit from.  Assuming the scar itself is satisfactory, filling in the puckered areas could involve filling with fat (injected or surgically placed as a dermal-fat graft).  Releasing any deep scar tissue that is pulling the skin inward might also be necessary prior to the placement of the fat.  Using collagen, or any off-the-shelf filler, would likely only be a temporary solution.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

1722 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101