What do you recommend for profile correction? Nose job? Chin lip suction? Implant? (Photo)

I am 22 & have been extremely unsatisfied with my profile for many years. I feel that my jawline isn't sharp, sits too low, & is generally very undefined. It gives the impression that I weigh much more than I do even though I'm a healthy weight. My nose throws my small face off balance. I've included some shots but edited one to show what I wish to look like (please know-these are rough edits & just a depiction of what I prefer.) Do you agree with the edits? What are your recommendations?

Profile Enhancement

+1
The editing you've done is good.  I think the best recommendation is to have an in-person consultation with a board certified specialist who can guide you towards achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging will also help you communicate more effectively with your surgeon so that you are on the same page.

Rhinoplasty

+1
Your nose could be refined a bit, but I wouldn't get a chin implant or neck lipo.  Interview a few rhinoplasty surgeons in your area until you find one with whom you are comfortable.  I think you'll get a nice result.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Improving profile with rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1
From your photos it looks like you're looking to deproject your nose along with refining your bridge.

Along with this it looks as though your chin is a bit recessed. This tends to make your nose look bigger than it actually is. A chin implant can be done along with rhinoplasty to further improve our profile appearance.

It doesn't look like you would need neck liposuction based on your photos, though.

You can read more about combining chin augmentation with rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+1
Yours is a classic case of the dual effect of reductive nose reshaping and augmentative chin reshaping. No liposuction of the neck will be needed when the chin comes forward. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant to Improve Facial Profile

+1
A rhinoplasty and chin-jowl implant will give you an improved profile and much better facial proportions. I like your morphed result. Frequently liposuction of the neck is done in conjunction with a chin implant but I don't think this will be necessary for you.

Surgery

+1
I believe a rhinoplasty and chin implant will improve your profile significantly.  These are usually done together.  Donald R Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1
You would definitely benefit from a rhinoplasty to remove the hump and shorten your nose. It's hard to say about the chin implant without examining you in person, but you might benefit from a small implant.
One thing to consider is your breathing. Making the nose smaller can adversely affect your breathing and you should be evaluated preoperatively to determine that you do not have any type of nasal airway obstruction to prevent future problems.
Please don't hesitate to come in for a consultation if you'd like. Just mention that's from Real Self and there will be no charge.

Gil Kryger, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Profile correction - Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination?

+1
Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you. Based on youtr photos, you are good candidate for both of these procedures

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What do you recommend for profile correction? Nose job? Chin lip suction? Implant?

+1
I believe you would absolutely benefit from a chin implant and a rhinoplasty to better balance your face.  The goal of a chin implant is to add projection to the chin.  The rhinoplasty will remove the bump and deproject your nose.

Rhinoplasty and chin surgery?

+1
You could definitely benefit from a rhinoplasty.  As for the chin, you may not need an implant. Liposuction of the neck or chin implant may be reasonable but an exam in person would be essential.