What would you recommend for my sudden drooping of my brow bone skin? (photo)

I am 28 years old, and will be 29 in just a few weeks. Lately, I've noticed some dramatic changing of the skin on my face. One of the most drastic is almost an overnight drop of the skin above my eyelid, on my brow bone. I normally wear my eyeliner winged out a bot to the side, and all of a sudden I have noticed that it's completely covered by my drooping skin. What would you suggest I have done to correct this problem? Would Botox make a dent, or do I need to chose a surgical option? Thanks!

Drooping Lids

I would definitely consider botox first before moving on to a surgical option. One because it is significantly cheaper, and two because the result only last 3-4 mo, not a lifetime. Botox to the glabella can help to lift the brows, possible to the point of your satisfaction. I would discuss botox with an experienced injector before venturing to the surgeons office.

Rogers Dermatologic Surgeon

500 S 52nd Street
Rogers, AR 72758

Treatment of dropping brow skin in 29 year old.

Treatment of dropping brow skin in 29 year old.if you raise the skin with your finger and like that then I would try Botox first and you can always have a brow lift later. If the brow is already high enough for you then an upper lid blepharoplasty is what you would need.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Drooping of brow bone skin

I would not recommend Botox to help this. What you have is ptosis. And even though Botox can help a bit in raising the brows up, it would not be able to take away all of your ptosis. You would need to seek a surgical upper eyelid lift.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117

Sudden brow droop...

So the main 2 options are brow lift surgery (which involve different types) vs Botox.  I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon who specializes in both and have him/her evaluate you thoroughly.  You can then have a discussion about a temporary fix or a long-term fix -- only you can make that decision after your conversation.

Also, although your age would steer away from any other cause of a brow droop, I would nevertheless have your physician rule out any neurological etiologies, especially since you commented on an almost "overnight" drop of your skin, just in case...

Good luck.

Dr Markarian

Mark K. Markarian, MD, MSPH
Chestnut Hill Plastic Surgeon

25 Walnut St
Wellesley, MA 02481

What would you recommend for my sudden drooping of my brow bone skin?

For a temporary fix you may want to consider trying Botox, this can be a great option to help lift the brow and can last 3-4 months.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Drooping Brow Skin

Botox given in certain muscles by an experienced injector can help to elevate the brow for 3 to 4 months. By nature, some people have less space between the brow and the upper eye lid, giving the face a more stern and less feminine look. If you find Botox injections do not give you the look you want, a forehead lift is a permanent and more dramatic correction for your concern.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

2261 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562

I would definitely suggest you look into Botox before anything more permanent such as surgery. Botox is a great beginning step as it is significantly cheaper and of course, not as permanent as surgery. Consult a plastic surgeon who is experienced with Botox injections.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253