What do you recommend for my face shape to make it look more proportional? (photo)

I am self conscious about my face and cheeks. I feel that it is not proportional and I am not happy with the excessive fat or muscle tissue surrounding my face. I am going for an A symmetrical slim based shape. I am considering getting face lipo, chin implant & lipo on either my neck or chin area. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Improving Facial Proportions

+1

A chin implant or sliding geneoplasty will improve chin projection. Facial and neck liposuction will be helpful. I cannot see the top of your cheeks, but consider the benefits of small cheek implants.

Facial Slimming/Reshaping Procedures

+1

Your proposed facial features are not far off from being correct. Your chin shortness is better served by a sliding genioplasty rather than an implant due to the amount of horizontal chin shortness you have and the benefits that it will provide to your neck shape. Facial liposuction should be directed at the perioral mounds to reduce the fullness by the side of the mouth or the lower ends of the cheeks. Cheek implants would also be helpful to help complete the triangular face shape change.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Proportions of face

+1

A chin implant is a simple andpossily reversible   answer to your facial disproportion. You do not have to have perfect occlusion for this.  

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

What do you recommend for my face shape to make it look more proportional?

+1

I think a chin implant is reasonable, and liposuction of the neck and chin may be reasonable.  Facial liposuction is not something I would recommend.

Do not get liposuction for your face

+1

I use laser assisted liposuction to alter the Asian face frequently.  I do not see this being beneficial to you.  If I had to guess I would assume you have and underbite with your teeth or dental occlusion.  2 truly change the shape of your face you may need a maxillary advancement and or a mandibular setback.  You can certainly change the proportions of her face with more conservative things such as filler and possibly cheek implants and even a chin implant but I am not able to tell for sure with these photographs.  In any case if you just have to do something sooner than later I would experiment with fillers because they are temporary and in some cases reversible if you use fillers referred to as hyaluronic acid fillers.  They're not actually acid as a biologic substance that creates a gel-like filler.

Best of luck to you

Chase Lay, MD
Asian facial plastic specialist

Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon