Recommendations For my Eyes? (photo)

What Do U Recommend for my Eyes? What Treatment Plus I Got Dark Circles Under my Eye  ? ( As U Could See in the Picture )

http://www8.0zz0.com/2012/03/31/04/884311638.jpg

Under eye darkness is largely an optical phenomena.

+2

Dark circles are not really caused by dilated blood vessels or nasal allergies.  There are a few people who have increased periocular pigmentation but that is a relatively weak contributor to under eye dark circle.  The overwhelming cause is thin eyelid skin overlying a flat muscle that is red in coloration.  With the absence of fat between the skin and the orbicularis oculi muscle (the name of the thin muscle just under the skin) light transmitted through the skin is absorbed by the muscle the skin looks dark because less light is reflect back into the skin.  Contrast this to the cheek skin which is much thicker and is back by a thick layer of fat.  Less light is transmitted through the cheek skin and is reflected back.  The light that does make through the skin is more effective reflected back by the yellow fat under the skin.  So cold compresses and cucumbers really do not make the dark circles look better.  Under eye fillers can be effective in improving this area.

Regard what is best for you, I recommend that you discuss this with your cosmetic eyelid specialist.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on its website to will help you identify a highly qualified eyelid specialist in your area (asoprs dot org).

Recommendations For my Eyes?

+2

Poorly posted photo of ONE eye. Very hard to advise under the limitations you placed. My recommendation is a few in person examinations by boarded PSs in your area. 

Get a face to face consultation with a well respected eyelid surgeon in your area.

+1

You should have a face to face consultation with a well respected eyelid surgeon in your area who can examine you under good lighting with your eyes open and closed and from different views to determine what procedure if any would be best for your eyes.

Web reference: http://gatewaylasercenter.com/EyelidSurgery.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Eye evaluation

+1

In order to adequately evaluate your eyes, an exam in person would be key.  It is impossible to say from a photo that you posted.

Treatment for Dark Circle Under Eyes

+1

While it is hard to tell by this photo, dark circles under the eyes can be caused by allergies, genetics, sun exposure and even smoking. Proper skin examination is necessary to determine the best plan. At my practice in New York, options for treatment can include topical creams, chemical peels and lasers. When dark circles are caused by sun damage, I use the Mixto SX microfractional CO2 laser with very nice results. Before choosing a procedure, a proper diagnosis needs to be made. I've attached a video on how to get rid of tired eyes and dark circles for a similar question.

Web reference: http://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com/prasad-medi-spa/laser-light-treatments/microfractional-co2/

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment for under eye bags

+1

The under eye bag problem doesn't have just one solution for all patients.

For very young patients, reduction or repositioning of the fat may help.

for older patients with looseness of the under eye skin some form of cheek lift is often best

Fillers help patients reduce the hollowness underneath their eyes.

fractional or light ablative resurfacing is beneficial to other patients.

you would appear to fall in the young patient category, so filler or a transconjuntival blepharoplasty may give your best result.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/

Better photo needed

+1

Very difficult to give a proper recommendation based on this photo that you have posted. Ideally you need both eyes in the photo from a front view.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dark circles under the eyes: what can be done?

+1

For mild to moderate dark circles due to discoloration of the skin, there are some simple and inexpensive treatments that may work.

1. Bring in the cold- Try two chilled teaspoons, an ice pack or a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a soft cloth to temporarily reduce dilated and discolored under-eye blood vessels. Cooled cucumbers or used teabag have also been recommended, just remember it is the cold that helps, not the tea or some aspect of the vegetable.
  2. Elevate your head – use two or more pillows to prevent puffiness that develops when fluid pools in your lower eyelids.
  3. Protect yourself from the sun - Although a tan might hide dark circles in the short term, in the long run, the extra pigment it produces can make circles worse. Use a daily sunscreen and wear sunglasses.
  4. Treat allergies and sinus problems. Use a daily allergy medication, such as Allegra or Zyrtec, if seasonal allergies are a problem.  Rinsing your sinuses with a saltwater solution (mix 1/4 teaspoon sea salt with 2 cups warm water) or over-the-counter saline spray can help relieve nasal congestion.
  5. Get your beauty rest - lack of sleep makes you paler and more hollow-eyed, so shadows and circles you already have are more obvious.
  6. Find a good eye cream - There are hundreds of skin creams that claim to reduce or prevent under-eye circles, but you should shop wisely. The results of one study in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology showed that cream, among other things, the Brazilian suma plant, significantly improved the appearance of dark circles under the eyes
  7. When all else fails, cover up - Find the right colored concealer to hide dark circles.  For example, if the circles under your eyes are bluish, use a peach-colored concealer, not one that’s white or gray. Make sure the product is safe for use around the eyes.  Stop using it if you get any eye irritation

When these fail, consider speaking with a dermatologist, who could recommend various skin treatments with chemicals such as hydroquinone or kojic acid, which can lighten the skin.  Also, many laser treatments have been successful in lightening the skin, but again, these should only be performed by a dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in use of lasers around the eye.

If it is truly have bags under the eyes, which doesn't appear to be the case on your picture, no amount of eye cream of concealer will eliminate these changes, and lasers are usually only effective for the most minor of changes. You now need to consider a cosmetic procedure to get the most benefit.

Blepharoplasty is a procedure that involves removing the redundant fat beneath the eye (and above when necessary) as well as removing some excess skin in certain individuals. This leads to a more natural transition from the cheek to the eyelid and a younger appearance.  

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.