I am a 19 yo female with medium skin tone. What would you recommend for my acne scars? (photos)

I've been doing chemical peels for about a year and a half. It gave me tremendous results. I still have scarring though, and redness to deal with. I (thank god) don't get cystic acne anymore. I'm wondering if I should get laser treatment, and if so, which type? Fraxel, co2, obagi? Can I get silikon permanent filler? I'm so embarrassed by having a bumpy face. Please help.

Acne scar treatment

+1
There are multiple treatment options. Resurfacing lasers in general would give mild results for deep acne scars for the expense.  Fillers properly injected to treat those scars are advisable.  As always best to be evaluated by an experienced dermatologist to have your acne scars treated at the best budget.

Fractional Laser Resurfacing

+1
Hi Raelani.  You are an excellent candidate for fractional laser resurfacing.  The idea behind fractional laser resurfacing is to recontour the skin by poking thousands of tiny holes in the scar tissue and having the scars replaced by healthy collagen.  Because of your age and the severity of your scars, we believe you would get excellent results with this type of procedure.  

The downtime for the Profractional laser resurfacing we offer is about 1 week and we would likely want to do it 2-3 times over a period of months.  To view photos of other patients treated at our practice for acne scars, check the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD