What do you recommend for changing my nose?

I was thinking in getting plastic surgery on my nose and my main problem is my nose hump and the box shape my nose has. I wanted to remove the hump on my nose and make my nose tip defined because it's like a box tip but I wanted to know if doing this will make my nose longer and bigger because my nose is already big. I've done some research and saw that defining your box tip will make your nose thinner in the front, my nose is wide in the front and I really would enjoy a thinner nose but I don't want something to thin I want it to still look natural. Is this kinda procedure possible?

Rhinoplasty work

+1

Any talented and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon...who has done thousands of cases....should be able to get you the changes you desire without any problem. The end result should also look 100% natural. In my office we do all these cases with oral sedation and local xylocaine anesthesia only. The process is totally safe , easy , and painless. A serious rhinoplasty surgeon should have a video imaging computer to show you the likely after results and to make sure both the surgeon and the patient have the same changes in mind

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for hump removal and center bridge and tip

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can address the hump removal by shaving down both bone and cartilage along the bridge line. Osteotomies will then be required to narrow the nasal bones. Any boxy shape on the corners of the nasal bridge can be filed down as well. The bulbous and  boxy tip can be addressed with tip suturing techniques of  the lower lateral cartilages. 

Nose Surgery

+1
Greetings! It is impossible to do any evaluation without examining you or at least seeing the photos. Sounds like you might be a candidate for rhinoplasty-- you need to find a qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and schedule a consultation appointment and see the " Before" and "Afters" of the procedure you are interested in.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

+1

The hump can be removed, and the tip can be refined with a closed rhinoplasty to produce a nice, natural result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Natural appearing rhinoplasty?

+1

An artistically performed rhinoplasty can modify the size as well as the shape of the nose in a variety of ways to produce an improved cosmetic naturally appearing result depending on desired outcome, individual anatomy and surgical expertise.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Questions

+1
An exam is needed for your surgeon to discuss what he will do to your nose.  Based on the information given, you are a candidate for a Rhinoplasty.  It sounds as if the nose needs to be reduced in size, and made feminine in appearance.  The bump can be taken down, nose narrowed, and the tip refined.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a lot of Rhinoplasty surgeries.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
Dear Rebecca31151, What you are describing is rhinoplasty surgery and this may be performed taking care of your concerns. You can remove the hump and define the tip while keeping the nose natural and providing balance to the overall facial aesthetics and structure. Consultation with digital imaging would be helpful for you to see what the proposed surgery would be prior to the procedure. In all rhinoplasty it is important to take each patients facial  aesthetics and ethnicity into the surgical plan to allow a natural looking nose. You want your nose to fit your face and look like you were born with it not that you paid for it. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD