Would Anyone Recommend Egypt or Malaysia for Saddlebag Liposuction?

Hi. I know this is an american site so I do apologise for the question but I have been looking for a solution for my saddlebags and cellulite for years however I cannot afford smartlipo in the UK, where I am from. Internet research tells me that Malaysia and Egypt are both good value for smartlipo as apparently this particular lipo tightens the skin and therefore is good for celluite. is this true? If so - can anyone recommend a country (or elsewhere) for Smartlipo? thank u!

Liposuction Location?

+1

You should be aware that, despite the technology used, cellulite will not necessarily improve after liposuction surgery. Traditional liposuction should afford you a very nice result based on the pictures you have provided. I think it would be in your best interest to stay in London.

Medical tourism

+1

I would be very cautious about travelling to a distant country for Smart Lipo.  I think you would be better off finding an experienced surgeon in the UK who uses traditional tumescent liposuction.  You should get a nice result.  

Laurence Weider, MD

Smart lipo not necessarily better

+1
Although it is better to feel the skin, from your photos, I anticipate a lovely result with traditional tumescent liposuction. In my experience, there is very little difference between Smart Lipo and the other laser based lipo systems and the traditional method. Don't be swayed by the need for the latest device. An experienced surgeon is far more important.

Jacqueline Calkin, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

"smart " lipo

+1
Location will not be your primary issue. Smart lipo may get some skin shrinkage but I am afraid you will still have cellulite. I would anticipate a nice saddle bag correction. Without examining your skin I cannot guess how your skin would redrape. Your tan lines suggest to me that you want to look better sunbathing or in swimwear. Maintenance for cellulite demands ongoing expense. Before you cross the Channel, spend some time getting more opinions from consultants home. Good luck

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

International Travel for Plastic Surgery

+1
The United Kingdom has many skilled plastic surgeons. It is unlikely that you will get a better result for travel to Malaysia or Egypt. I would also be skeptical of the claims that smartlipo is a better solution to your concern. An excellent result is possible for you. Let a well trained experienced surgeon guide you in the choice of how to achieve it.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Best location for liposuction

+1

You should choose your liposuction surgeon based on their credentials, reputation, experience and results.  There will be a range of quality in all countries, from good to unacceptable. Of course I'm biased, but I believe that Los Angeles would be the best location for your surgery because of the large number of great surgeons, huge volume of cosmetic surgery, and high standards for medical care from beginning to end.

David Stoker, MD

Go to isaps for advice on international travel for plastic surgery

+1
There are a number of important risks to consider before traveling overseas for surgery. A very good resource is the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). Be sure your surgeon is a member of this organization and uses an accredited facility. The website is isaps.org.

Richard Baxter, MD