Can Anyone Recommend a Doctor on Long Island for Lipoma Removal?

I have a lipoma on my right shoulder, that my MRI shows to be 1.5" in diameter. It causes me pain, and obstructs movement in my shoulder, neck and back. I've been to a Plastic Surgeon who said he won't remove it because it's on my shoulder, and my ortho says he won't remove it because he doesn't do lumps! Would appreciate a referral or contact with a Doctor who can remove it. Thanks in advance!

Any surgeon

+1

any surgeon should be able to remove this.

keep trying.

general surgeon or a plastic surgeon should be able to do this.

Ashburn General Surgeon

How to pick a plastic surgeon.

+1

Tips on picking a Plastic Surgeon
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique.  Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6)  Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want.  You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want.   Many  patients are eager to share their experience.  Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7)  If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room.  A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory.  This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8)   With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED.   Very important safety assurance.

9)   Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST.  Another very important safety factor.

10)  Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care.  This can really speed recovery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)