Would You Recommend 650cc HP or 550cc Mod +? (photo)

Drs are requesting repost with photos so here it is. I'm switching from saline to silicone, measure 14 diameter with current 480cc mods saline. Need more fullness to correct loose skin and ripples. Not noticeable until bend over. I lost 37 lbs went from 36DD (VS bra) to 34D-DD (padded bra) more like a large c I think. Is 650 cc hp too big ? My friends all think so and are scaring me! Don't want torpedoes or cant elopes! My currents are under the muscle

Implant exchange to 650cc HP

+2

It is difficult to say without an exam. With the weight loss and looseness that you describe, perhaps a circumareola skin removal to slightly tighten the skin envelope may help +/- slightly larger implants. Difficult to say without an exam.

Would You Recommend 650cc HP or 550cc Mod +?

+1

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.  

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or  "C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Upsizing after weight loss

+1

Only you can decide if the larger volume will work for you.  Gel implants will help diminish the rippling but if you are very thin, Sientra implants may work better for you at addressing the ripple issue.  Larger implants will have a tendency to stretch your skin out over time and eventually, you may need a lift to address that.  I think your chest looks great as it is but I admit, I cannot appreciate the rippling.  So put a sizer over your breast that will provide you the volume you are thinking of and if you really like it, then it should be find appearance-wise.  650 cc's are large and if you're short, it will be a difficult fit.

Curtis Wong, MD

650cc high profile, 550cc moderate +

+1

Dear Lisa,

Let me first commend you on the great shape that you maintain.  After a weight loss you will likely require larger implants to fill your breast skin envelope, especially if you are avoiding a lift.  Although having similar base diameters, the differences between a 650cc hp and 550cc mod + are significant in terms of projection and should be discussed with your plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

+1

I think at least a 600 cc HP unders is the compromise. But if you want that "large" look than 650 cc is an option for you. 

Implant selection is a dynamic process

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  The most important factor in achieving the result that you desire with an implant replacement is in depth discussion about your goals with your plastic surgeon.  Based on the photos alone and your current implants my gut feeling is that HP 650 will be too much.  You plastic surgeon can have both implant in the operating room and place implant sizers before placing the final implant to determine the best result.  I think doing so will lead to the best chance of getting the result that you and your plastic surgeon have discussed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bigger implants = more problems

+1

Your tissues don't have great elasticity already and going bigger, either HP or Mod+ will make this worse, not better.  You will be progressively thinning the tissues and losing more elasticity with this proposed exchange. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS