What would you recomend to fix an uneven result of Restylane for nasolabial lines? (Photo)

I had my nasolabial and marionette lines filled with Restylane yesterday. One of the sides required more filling than the other. Now this side is like swollen and the general look is uneven. It seems like I smile on one side and I'm sad on the other. Also all the area is hard and hot.

Uneven Restylane

+1
Restylane is an excellent facial filer for the nasolabial folds and marionette lines.  It is normal for there to be some swelling and can appear uneven for several days.  I always tell patients that is can take up to two weeks for some swelling to resolve.  If you are concerned please return to your treating physician for examination.

Filler Follow Up

+1
It is very common to have swelling after injections, sometimes the swelling appears as if the treatment was uneven. Icing the injected area will give you some improvement but the best thing to do is wait about 2 weeks to allow all the swelling to subside.

In my practice I have all my patients return 2 weeks after injections so that we can re-asses the treatment. At this point I can see if the filler is evenly placed and the patient has an opportunity to discuss the results. If the patient is happy with the results I am happy, if the patient feels it is uneven or wants more improvement then we can add on at that time.

It is best to make a follow up appointment with your Board Certified Dermatologist 2 weeks after your initial treatment and discuss your concerns with them.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

What would you recomend to fix an uneven result of Restylane for nasolabial lines?

+1
Give it two weeks for any swelling to resolve, if there is still some unevenness you might need a touch up. 

+1
I am sorry you are having a problem. With things being one day after the treatment, it is difficult to assess how much swelling there is versus asymmetry due to the filler itself. I recommend seeing your surgeon in about another week or so to have this re-evaluated. Touch up injections may be necessary. I suggest calling the surgeon's office now to let them know of your concerns and that you plan to follow their instructions for post-injection care and that you plan to come to the office to be seen. Good luck.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry After Filler

+1
Sometimes touch ups are needed after some filler is injected.  I suggest going back to your physician and seeing if more is needed to get the symmetry you are looking for.  It is not uncommon for swelling to persist for a few weeks after injection as well.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.