Sculptra - Different Results from Different Providers?

I Have Recieved Sculptra from Two Different Surgeons. With one, I see results in 3-4 weeks. With the other surgeon, however, the results are not evident until 5-6 weeks. Are earlier results a sign of better results, i.e., fuller? Or is response-time irrelevent? Also, do earlier or later results correlate with longevity of the sculptra reaction? Both seem to good surgeons, but the 5-6 week results are obtained with less expense and an easier commute. But, of course, I would like to know which might give me the better result?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Time to see Sculptra filling

+1

You ask an interesting question but without knowing exactly what was done each time, it would be hard to answer. Sculptra is one of the best fillers and gives the most lasting results. It takes time to see those results so can't judge it immediately nor after 6 weeks. Perhaps you liked the second treatment because it was really the sum of the first and second treatments that you were looking at. The second treatment is going to be different than the first, ie not put in the exact same place. Depending on your age, your volume deficit and your expectations, the treatment you received each time was what you needed at that time. I really don't recommend going to a lot of different doctors for this treatment since we need two to four treatments, spaced 6 weeks apart to get the absolute best results.

Also, do you really want to choose your surgeon by the cost of the office visit???

Washington DC Dermatologist

Sculptra results take time

+2

The results of Sculptra are gradual over 2-4 sessions spaced several weeks apart. The results are cumulative, so you will see more result 4 weeks after the second session than 6 weeks after the first session. It is always best to go slow so you look natural as your own collagen is building from the PLLA stimulation. Most women in their 50's get best results that last 20 months or more when they receive 3-6 vials over 3 visits (but this is a ball park). Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Sculptra Results Take Several Months and Multiple Sessions

+1

Sculptra is a biostimulatory agent, meaning it causes your own body to form collagen in the areas of injection.  It is meant to be completed as a series of sessions, typically spaced at least 4 weeks apart.  Results are gradual--I tell my patients this is a "delayed gratification" procedure--BUT, the advantage of this is that you take on a more pleasing, volumized appearance gradually and the change is not as drastic and noticeable to others.

Without knowing the details of the two treating physicians, or who treated you first, it is difficult to give you a solid answer to your questions.  However, the rejuvenation of the face with injectables takes an artistic eye and an experienced hand.  Your results are very much dependent on who is performing your procedure.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Results: Technique Dependent?

+1

There will always be variations in results based on the skill, experience, and aesthetic sensibilities of the injector.  However, as Dr. Schneider correctly pointed out, there is a much less profound effect from Sculptra after the first injection (typically 2 vials) than after the second.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Different Results

+1

There are many factors that come into play that affect the timing of your results. First, patients definetly appreciate more of a result after the second treatment than after the first. This is usually because the second treatment is additive so there is more to appreciate. Second, the volume of sculptra that is deposited in an area will affect the result in that area.  The more product, the more volume restoration. I hope this helps with the process and good luck to you. Sculptra has been a great product for our patients.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You can certainly get different results from different providers

+1

You can certainly get different results from different providers. It can depend on the dilution and on the injection technique. As you have more treatments, the results tend to get better sequentially. It’s a bio stimulant, and the results depend on many factors. The important thing with Sculptra is how it’s injected and where it’s injected. It’s very important to go to an experienced injector.

Web reference: http://www.SculptraDoctor.com

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra results take patience but the reward may be long term

+1

Sculptra is a wonderful way to achieve long-term volume restoration. Stimulation of collagen is well-established and confirmed by multiple tissue pathology studies. The stimulatory effect is typically more vigorous with subsequent injections. Different Injection techniques and experience by different aesthetic physicians definitely can matter, e.g. depth of skin injection for different anatomic areas of the face, care taken to ensure that Sculptra is evenly reconstituted.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Sculptra_Liquid_Facelift.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Results after Sculptra injection

+1

There is no correlation between the time to see result and the length of duration when using Sculptra. If you are happy with both of your physicians, go to the one that is more convenient/cost effective for you.

Web reference: http://DrGutowski.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra should never have been given FDA approval

+1

Sculptra is a disaster waiting to happen. In initial studies it caused lumps in up to 50 % of the patients who had been injected. The studies supporting its use are all written by high priced consultants to the company. Furthermore it is not a stimulatory filler, it does not stimulate collagen production. Rather it causes a foreign body reaction once injected...stay away from it!!!

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra results depend on the injector.

+1

Results from Sculptra will depend on a variety of factors:

1. experience of the injector
  2. method or reconstituting the product
  3. concentration of product
  4. depth of injection
  5. placement
  6. amount of product injected

As far as longevity, I have seen Sculptra last as long as 3 years but I cannot say definitively whether the longevity is related to the response time.  Typical response time is 4 to 8 weeks although a late responder may even take 12 weeks.

It comes back to the injector when all is said and done, so go with experience rather than cost or convenience, your results will be better.  

Web reference: http://vandykelaser.com/sculptraaesthetic/

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon