Multiple facial fractures after car accident: Right side of face is numb - Will the feeling come back? (Photo)

7 weeks ago I was involved in a serious car accident I received multible facial fractures, I had 5 plates fitted in my face.Since the accident the right side of my face feels numb, I can still feel hot,cold,pain and movement in the area but it still feels numb.Will I regain feeling in this area and how long will it take?

Sensory changes common

+1
It appears that you've been through a difficult time.   Fortunately, the nerve that was likely damaged in your injury has a remarkable capacity to heal and will likely do so over a 6-12 month time frame.  In the mean time, sensations of pain, heat, itching, etc. all imply that the nerve is healing.  Good luck to you.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon