Would I Be Able to Recieve a Discount for Breast Implants Being That I Am Coming off Active Duty and a Military Spouse?

My husband and I have been serving overseas in Italy for the past 3 years. Because we are about to move back to the states I am switching to the select reserves so I can go back to school. In Italy it is hard to find someone that excepts tricare and go around being an active duty member. Would I be able to recieve a discount or would it be hard for me to get breast implants as a member of the select reserves and a military spouse sinc eI would be considered both. PLEASE HELP!!

Military Discount

+1

Yes for the Military. I and many of my colleagues give some type of discount to military personnel. I have a son in the Navy and I am only too happy to help all the people in uniform who serve our country. Do not be afraid to ask.

Military Discount

+1

In my experience, tricare will not pay for elective cosmetic surgery (breast augmentation) BUT as the other surgeon's have stated, there are practices that offer "military discounts" to military families.  I have lots of military families in my practice and I DO OFFER A MILITARY discount to them.  Please also look at experience so that you can get a surgeon who can achieve your goals.

Plastic Surgery Discounts For Military Personnel and Their Families

+1

I have no doubt that there are numerous plastic surgeons that offer fee reductions for plastic surgery for those in the active military and their families. Just google the term 'patriot plastic surgery' and see what comes up. It is also not inappropriate to ask any plastic surgeon you consult with for some fee reduction consideration. Plastic surgeons do appreciate your committments and sacrifice to the country and may very well accomodate your financial desires.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Military Discount

+1

There are many plastic surgeons who will offer discounts to military service members and their families.  Even if it isn't advertised, don't be afraid to ask any surgeon that you see.  As someone who recently came off active duty myself, I can sympathize and understand your concerns.  However, although everyone is looking for a good deal, the cheapest surgery is not necessarily the best one.  You get what you pay for.  Make sure you see a "board certified plastic surgeon."

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

+1

It does not hurt to ask for a discount. But remember there are ALWAYS costs in anything. Seek a few in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your area.