I Recently Had a Tummy Tuck with Liposuction on my Back and Flanks?

It's still pretty bloody and there is like tissue like substance in the tube with drainage (surgery was sept 4th.tubes are scheduled to come out tmrw) ( less than 20 in one bulb and nothing in the other tho)should I be concerned?

+2

I would not express any concern based upon your description. Since you will be seeing your surgeon soon, this issue can be dealt with in person. All the best. 

+2

If your incisions look good, then you have nothing to worry about.  It is not unusual to have a little bit of fat globules in the drain.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Drainage concerns should be brought to the attention of your surgeon.

+1

What you describe does not sound unusual after abdominoplasty when drains are placed. However, any change in the character of drainage should be brought to the attention of your surgeon.

Drain output

+1

What you are describing sounds like normal post operative drainage. You're plastic surgeon will be able to evaluate your drainage and make a decision whether or not your drains are ready to come out at your follow up appointment.

Hope this helps!

R. Michael Koch, MD
Tarrytown Plastic Surgeon