I recently got a temporary crown a few days ago and it doesn't hurt all the time but now the teeth under and around sting?

He said there is a 40% chance I need a root canal for this tooth based on decay. When he fixed a cavity across my mouth this one began to hrt strongly that it kept me up. Now that i have a temporary crown on it I occasionally feel a stabbing-shocking pain on the surrounding teeth and ones on the lower half of my mouth.. is it normal for this pain to happen?

+1

Your temporary crown may be loose or "too high" and need some slight adjustment. Return to your dentist to have him check it out for you. If this doesn't relieve your pain he may recommend you have root canal or at least get a second opinion from a root canal specialist (endodontist).

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist