Recently had rib cartilage rhinoplasty revision where a lot more rib than I wanted was put on. When is the earliest I can remove

For my 3rd surgery I needed support on left mid vault. PS recommended rib cartilage but ended up putting it on whole bridge, and tip. It is really large now in proportion to my face, both wider, and higher. I was happy with my nose size before surgery and didn't want the surgery to change the size so dramatically. When is the soonest I could have some rib tissue removed from my tip, and bridge. Also need some slight tip work as well as my tip was made too round. Do I really have to wait a year?

Revision of Rib Graft Rhinoplasty

+1
The rib graft can be modified/reduced as soon as one is certain that they are looking at the final result and are sure they really want it reduced. As a general statement, three months after surgery would be reasonable to undergo the change.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
You did not mention how long it has been since your rib graft. If recent, then swelling can contribute to the overall size. You should give it about a year.

Revision rhinoplasty after in graft.

+1
Revision rhinoplasty after in graft can be done in 6-12 months depending on what else needs to be done to the nose. See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon!

Revision rhinoplasty with rib cartilage grafts

+1
How long has it been since surgery? Rib cartilage can get re-absorbed by your body with time (usually about 20-30%). Swelling also occurs after surgery. These two factors would make it wise in my mind to wait at least a year before revisiting surgery. Your surgeon needs to be able to assess your nose adequately before making any decisions to remove the grafts.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD