Minimun Wait Time Before Resuming Weight Lifting After Rhinoplasty?

i recently had rhinoplasty surgery, about 10 days ago,and was wondering the minumum time i can weight before resuming weight lifting (even if its light workouts)...i had my nose broken back and the small hump taken down....

Resuming Weightlifting After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Daniel,

Weighting lifting and other strenuous exercises can be resumed at about one month after a rhinoplasty. 

However, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon who knows the full details of your surgery before you engage into weight lifting to make sure that you are perfectly fit for it; increasing blood pressure and body temperature could lead to nasal bleeding and delaying the recovery process.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Weith Lifting

+1

Yes, wait three to six week before resuming vigorous exercise.  I'm sure your surgeon gave you postoperative instructions and I know that you do not want to have any serious complications.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Workouts After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. After 3 weeks the patient can begin to ease their way into exercising with light workouts. At five weeks, patients can resume heavy exercising and contact sports. Be careful that you do not cause trauma to your nose as this may negatively impact the healing process.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Resuming activities after Rhinoplasty

+1

I suggest conservative resumption of exercise after Rhinoplasty. You don't want to engage in any activity that is going to raise your blood pressure or pulse for at least 2 weeks after surgery. Strenuous activity is restricted for 3-4 weeks. When you are albe to resume your work outs, I always stress a gradual return to your routine.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon