I Was Recently Punched in the Nose. The Tip of my Nose is Now Flattened. Will the Tip of my Nose Repair Itself?

Nose trauma, septal fracture and septum repair for nose collapse

+1

Thanks for the question. This is a common finding after a direct trauma to the middle of the nose.

The internal framework of your nose may have collapsed most likely from collapse of the middle third of your nose.

The speptum holds the cartilage structures well supported. Any displacement or dislocation of the septum makes the lower and middle third of the nose collapse and flatten.

You need to be examined to make sure that is not the case. Another important factor is that your surgeon needs to rule out the presence of septal hematoma. This condition is formed when the blood accumulates between the septum mucosa lining and cartilage.

Most likely, if your septum has been severely traumatized, you need surgical intervention to fix it.

Dr.Sajjadian

DrSajjadian.com

Boxer's nose

+1

What you are describing is typical of a direct blow to the nose.  Often, the septum (the cartilage down the middle of the nose that supports the tip) gets fractured or pushec backwards, and the nasal tip cartilages can flatten out.  The lower bridge of the nose, the 'middle vault' also settles down, causing a flatter appearance.  Swelling also occurs.  Of course, you would need to be examined by a doctor to determine if this is indeed the case.  If so, it is unlikely to repair itself and would require a surgical procedure.  I hope this helps, and good luck to you.

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose that has been traumatically reshaped.

+1

You may have undergone a traumatic rearrangement of you internal nasal cartilages. Without immediate surgical repair you can expect the shape to remain forever. To repair a nose as you describe at a later date would require  a full rhinoplasty. Amen. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tip can swell after trauma

+1

I would recommend that you see a nasal specialist to examine you and determine the extent of damage. Most of the time, what you are discussing is due to swelling. 

Dr. Zoumalan

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Nasal Trauma deformity

+1

Nasal trauma that deforms the nose should be examined by a Plastic Surgeon or  ENT/ facial plastic surgeon to see what has been injured, that there is no septal hematoma that may have to be evacuated,  and to evaluate if  there is a nasal or septal fracture. It is far easier to repair any injured cartilage or bone displacement in the first few weeks following an injury.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

+1

If the nose has been deformed by trauma, you should be examined to determine what intervention is necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Flattening of the nose is not likely to improve on its own. You should see a Facial Plastic Surgeon or ENT surgeon ASAP to evaluate your nose. Depending upon the severity of your injury, it might be amenable to non-surgical treatment during the first two weeks following an injury. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma

+1

Blunt nasal trauma should be evaluated by an  ENT/ facial plastic surgeon to make sure there is no septal hematoma,  and to document the extent of any nasal or septal fracture. It's very unlikely that flat tip will repair itself. Please see the link below  for nasal fractures that have been repaired in our practice