I Recently Had a Fat Transfer to my Face and Am Unhappy with the End Result?

I have read many articles from Dr's on this website saying that there is no proof that fat lives after it is frozen. My procedure was done by a dermatologist and I am not sure it was done correctly, The left side of my face and neck are sagging. Is there success with freezing fat and injecting it later? I have read it should be done on the same day and my fat was injected 6 days after. Currently, I do not have a photo to upload. Your responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

+1

Most surgeons will only use fresh fat as some studies show only 50% of frozen fat is viable. I don't know why you would wait 6 days to inject?

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Fresh vs. frozen fat viability

+1

It is always best to use fresh fat for fat transfer. Frozen fat does lose its ability to survive when used at a later time. Thank you for sharing your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD